What's your new role about?
DAZN is seeking an experienced Head Incident Command to join the Global Live Operations team. You will Lead DAZN’s growing Incident Command team to drive the evolution of the DAZN Critical Incidents Technical Response Group, handling all incident types. You’ll be a Technology focused leader and will manage the Incident Commanders team of 6-9 people and will be responsible and accountable as the key decision-maker and with the authority to direct the problem resolution path for the fastest restoration to any service. Through your management and restoration of impacted services from any critical incidents, you’ll apply the right technical resources and act as technical lead for major incident calls.
You’ll be involved in dynamic, varied work from managing the Incident Commander team, determining the client impact, agreeing on resolution actions, managing the communication channel and collaborating with other Engineering teams at DAZN. You will be passionate about delivering a Major Incident Management process of top quality and integrity to act as the interface to the other Technology and Development stakeholders. Plus, you’ll have a unique opportunity to interact with suppliers!
As such, you are passionate, dynamic and collaborative! We are live globally and are determined in our continued efforts to remain a leader in the streaming community. Are you ready to have your work impact millions daily and change the OTT landscape?
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Line Management Responsibility of a team of 6-8 Incident Commanders
- Technically leads all aspects of critical incidents (S1-S3) focused on fastest service restoration/recovery – bridge, teams communication channels, sync-points for sub-tech teams leading investigations (including 3rd party vendors and DAZN engineering teams).
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of Major Incident Management process and is the interface with Support teams, and DAZN Development/Engineering teams.
- Support and lead technical incidents requiring deep technical and problem resolution skills of the team, this may include across regions working with other TIMs/Engineering teams /Vendors /Suppliers to support 24x7 coverage.
- Performing post-Major Incident follow up via Post Incident Review on Major Incidents Postmortem in concert with relevant internal and engineering teams
- Lead S1–S3 tech incident bridge calls, determine SMEs needed, identify problem and release/de-escalate after diagnosis
- Ensure TIM team meets resolution specifications as designed in the SLA while also enabling reduction of mean time to resolution
- Identify failure points driving availability and accelerating mean-time-to-repair including architectures, design, process improvements, software disciplines, test, etc…
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience leading and managing a team of 6-9
- Working knowledge of ITIL incident, problem, and change management components
- The ability to co-ordinate technical, incident and supplier side teams to ensure that all incidents are accurately prioritised and effectively managed
- Extensive experience of managing major incidents especially those that have a significant cross service impact, including how to influence technical teams not under your direct control
- Experience to identify early indications of major incidents not progressing well and the skill to engage the right teams to get them on track
- Experience with incident/outage and crisis management.
- Knowledge of KPIs that indicate performance and customer experience (eg.buffering, video playback failures, video-start failures, capacity monitoring)
- Ability to determine precise customer impacts on our incidents through analysis of CS, social, error codes, playback failures etc
- Hands on experience in working with monitoring/Logging tools like Check Nagios or Pager Duty or Datadog or New Relic or ELK or Conviva similar
- Nagios or Pager Duty or Datadog or New Relic or ELK or Conviva similar
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures such as Enterprise Server Platforms and related IT architectures and equipment
- Knowledge and exposure with distributed systems across hyper-scale, Cloud environments like AWS [Lambda, ECS, etc...]
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Strong knowledge of debugging OTT, devices, browsers, living room, mobile, web, CDNs, Platforms, E2E Architecture, Applications using proxy tools like Charles etc
- AWS Certification
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git etc
- Configuration Management – Puppet and or Ansible or Terraform
Here's a little more about us…
Still interested? Here is even more information!
You’ll be joining a brand new growing team who are constantly looking for ways to evolve our technology with cutting edge solutions like AWS, ECS and Lambda and using varied languages from Node.JS
to Java and PHP.
We love innovation and out of the box thinking, so if you are looking for a chance to really push technical boundaries and work with cutting edge technology then DAZN is the place to be!
Do you love sport, 24/7, anytime, anyplace, anywhere? Are you passionate about sports, technology and specially about handling technical incident management?
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.