What's your new role about?
HR – because you care!
Despite what outsiders might think, you'll know that HR and payroll can be exciting, challenging, and much more than just employment law – especially when it’s for the fastest growing sports company in the world! As our new HR Assistant in Germany, you’ll be here to welcome all new starters on their first day, ensure all HR and payroll administrationis up to date and support our People Manager with creating a great experience for our employees throughout the full employee lifecycle.
Supporting our office in Ismaning, you will be responsible for a large number of employees in Germany. To ensure a smooth-running, you’ll work closely with the international HR & Payroll and Recruitment teams to build strong working relationships and ensure process consistency and governance is maintained.
As you’ll be the one to create contracts as well as monitor all employee related data, you’ll use your hawk eye to spot errors or discrepancies, and perhaps you’ll also get a little excited by processes and excel spreadsheets! You’ll get the chance to take full ownership for a defined employee group in close collaboration with the People Manager. You’ll also support with various HR/Payroll projects throughout the year. With your German employment law knowledge and your first expertise working in HR you will give us much needed support and help drive the HR function to success – whether it concerns permanent employees, casual workers or interns.
This is an exciting time for the DAZN business with ever expanding growth and success. Working within a collaborative and vibrant HR environment, your flexibility and your openness to challenge the status quo combined with HR expertise you’ll fit perfectly in our team!
The internal job title is People Assistant.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new People Assistant m/f/d, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- You’ll be the first point of contact for all HR queries and employment legislation
- You’ll be responsible for all HR tasks related to interns, casual workers and full-time employees
- Own the HR administration such as employment contracts, supplemental agreements, references many more, ensuring our employee data is up to date on our HR system Oracle
- Support our monthly payroll and collaborate with our external payroll provider & internal payroll Team to ensure a smooth running
- You’ll have ownership for onboarding and offboarding our employees, ensuring our employees get the best experience during their time with us
- Finally: you’ll get the chance to drive HR projects further, organise internal employee events and optimise processes while collaborating closely with our UK based teams
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Initial experience working in HR or in a comparable role, at least internships or apprenticeships
- Good working knowledge of current German employment law to be able to advise your internal stakeholders
- Ability to maintain confidentially and establish trust and credibility whilst acting with complete integrity
- Outstanding attention to detail
- You have an excellent customer service attitude
- You are a pro-active self-starter with a good level of flexibility
- You have a strong ability to prioritize and organize your own work
- Fluent in German and English, both verbal and written
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of social security law
- Familiar dealing with different employment types e.g. interns and casual workers
- Confident in all payroll related matters, especially with payroll preparations
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.