What's your new role about?
As an Operations Leader within Live Ops you'll play a crucial role in evolving the technical capability of the operations team. DAZN never stands still; its products and services continue to grow and evolve to attract and maintain its global customer base; and the Operations Leader will play a key role in that life cycle.
Working closely with the Ops R&D Lead, the Operations Leader will understand all the new products, features and technologies coming through the DAZN development pipeline. They will work hand in hand with product manager, delivery manager and developers to stay several steps ahead of the game to ensure all the new developments are seamlessly integrated in to the operations team. The Ops R&D Lead will be the technical specialist, working at breakneck pace to keep up developments, to identify operational impacts and to create suitable monitoring capabilities. The Operations Leader will have accountability and responsibility for 'operationalising' all the new monitoring requirements.
This will require someone to have a very technical mind, be a leader in understanding technical and complex operational environments, and have a track record in coaching operational teams.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community including enhanced parental leave, electric vehicle benefit option, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Operations Leader, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Define the service integration strategy for the operations teams
- Be at the leading edge of all new product and tech developments
- Coach operational teams at all levels to fully understand the tech and products
- Shape operational requirements; monitoring dashboards, device requirements, routine task impacts, etc
- Publish operational runbook books, knowledge articles, training guides, etc
- Drive continuous improvement of the operational teams via continuous coaching
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience of working in complex operational environments
- Experience of analysing new product releases and defining operational requirements
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior management
- Understanding of the issues surrounding delivering live video planning and distribution
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise multiple workstreams
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.