What's your new role about?
As our new correspondent for Manchester United, you will be covering everything there’s to be covered about the club from top to bottom.
You’ll be providing our readers with journalistic coverage around matches, press conferences as well as other events.
You’ll get to use your journalistic experience to provide thought-provoking content for the Goal network. Your professional appearance will allow you to work effectively with the club and other stakeholders.
In addition, you’ll be comfortable with using social media and making on-camera appearances talking about the latest Man Utd match and the latest developments at Old Trafford.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Provide news, features, match coverage and expertise on the club
- Be the main point of contact for the Editor & the Goal network for information, opinion & comment in and around Manchester United
- Develop existing and forge new relationships inside and around the club and use those relationships engender a great relationship between club & Goal
- Follow the club at press conferences and matches throughout the Premier League, domestic Cups & European campaign
- Provide tailored video output on the club both in front of camera as well as self-shooting and editing
- Be active across multiple social media platforms to promote the Goal brand
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Outstanding writing skills and confident in dealing with different formats
- Possessing an established and credible profile across all media platforms, such as print, digital, broadcast and social media
- Confident in generating and managing PR as well as commercial relationships
- Brand savvy, audience focused, digital native – passionate and knowledgeable about digital content, international media markets and user consumption
- Must have: proven contacts around the club
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in using social analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) and SEO tools