What's your new role about?
You’ll be a member of one of the Cloud Engineering teams at DAZN. We develop and maintain a reliable and highly available Ingress Gateway that is a key part of how all DAZN’s services are consumed by our customers. You’ll have the chance to work with various CNCF systems like Kubernetes, Envoy and Prometheus, as well as the full power of the AWS Cloud. But you won’t stop there, you’ll also put your Engineering mindset to work and build your own new tools and systems to take DAZN to the next level of performance, security, and observability.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Completely change the way DAZN exposes its services
- Help design and build our brand-new Ingress Gateway
- Assist in the implementation of a Service Mesh
- Work with modern CNCF technologies like Kubernetes, Envoy, ArgoCD
- Be involved in large scale Cloud infrastructures and networking
- Continuously improve the Platform that underpins DAZN’s services
- Participate, be heard, influence and make a difference
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Kubernetes experience, deploying and managing clusters
- Experience with Prometheus
- Knowledge of network management in AWS
- Experience with Proxies and API Gateways e.g., Envoy, Gloo, Ambassador
- Experience with event-driven / asynchronous designs
- A considerate, inclusive and team player spirit
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS
- Experience with Golang to a good proficiency level
- Knowledge of other cloud providers like Azure and/or GCP
- Understanding of OAuth/OIDC flows and AuthN/AuthZ in general
- SRE concepts and their practical application
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well-established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems, then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.