What's your new role about?
SO WHAT'S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As Senior QA Engineer, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes).
You will be responsible for supporting our product and software development teams to define test strategies and report test progress for operator integrations, set-top-box integrations and billing and authentication integrations, and new market launches.
You will collaborate with internal teams across product, development and design on requirements, defect resolution and defer approvals to ensure that business objectives are met and manufacture requirements are delivered within the applications.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Create and manage test cases for all product requirements and ensure that software releases achieve the stated acceptance criteria prior to release.
- Test user stories and defect regression on the client application releases across all platforms with the focus on new strategic initiatives and new markets.
- Provide daily/weekly update reports, collating and present accurate metrics of testing activities, to stakeholders and development teams on defects raised/closed.
- Daily and weekly cross-team communication and liaison with Product and near-shore QA teams.
- Advocate quality/testing best practices; driving and improving the QA team in all areas and striving to improve testing practices, processes and communication across the QA discipline.
- Ensuring releases have met all security, test and functionality bars and have obtained the necessary Product/QA approvals prior to release
- Managing multiple relationships with 3rd party suppliers in various international time-zones.
The essentials for you!
- Location: Hammersmith (2 minutes from the tube)
- Industry: Online Media and Broadcast Streaming
- Team size: 5
Here’s what you will be working on (not everything, just the important stuff)
- Work closely with multiple dev / product teams to create and maintain test cases covering product / feature requirements
- Test user stories across multiple features / projects providing daily update reports, collating and presenting accurate metrics of testing activities, to global partner, product and development teams.
- Work closely with global external partners to establish multi-platform test requirements
- Establish best practice testing strategy and ensure that UAT is performed to a high standard.
To make an impact in these teams, you will have at least three of the following:
- Experience working on mobile, TV platforms and games consoles in an agile environment.
- Worked on live applications with a continuous feature development / release cycle.
- Understanding of BDD, exploratory testing, defect regression, smoke-testing and test planning.
- Experience of bug database systems and test-tracking software such as JIRA and Test Rail.
- Enjoy being empowered to use your initiative and drive ideas forward
- Communication and influencing skills with all seniority levels.
- You enjoy speaking with people of all seniority levels in any business.
Want to do your own research? These links are a good place to start:
Here's a little more about us…
Don’t have an up to date CV? That’s cool with us, send over what you have and we can sort that out together.
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in nine countries. Our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to building a great product for our customers. Our Product team works collaboratively with the Engineering team to continue optimizing our OTT Product and serve even more happy customers around the world.
We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, featuring the widest arry of live and on-demand content ever offered on one platform. We partner with the biggest rights holders across football (Champions League, Europa League, English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and 25+ more), boxing, Formula 1, NFL, NHL Baseball, Basketball, Rugby, Golf and many more, produce the best content ourselves, and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
If you’re looking to really make your mark on a fast growing global product, this is your chance.