What's your new role about?
Be at the heart of the DAZN growth story as our first Commercial Finance Director covering our US, Canadian and DAZNs Global market offering, as a key member of the regional senior management team. The role offers strong exposure to senior stakeholders across the globe for a commercial finance leader who is ready to make an immediate and lasting impact.
You will be the key finance partner for the EVP North America & Global and you will primarily be responsible for providing best in class finance support to enable effective planning, reviewing and refinement of revenue-driving investments.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to build out a new role supporting some of DAZNs key markets and help us in understanding all elements of revenue across teams such as sales, marketing and our content areas. With your experience working in a subscription business, you’ll be able to manage subscription and ancillary revenues as well as budgets such as regional advertising, commercial premises and content sub-licensing.
Annual, quarterly, monthly and - if needed - even weekly reporting and forecasting will be part of your role too. Our board, central finance teams and regional management will always be able to understand the status quo of financial results and suite of KPIs and be enabled to use them in playing a leading role in driving performance and maximising opportunities across all revenue-driving areas.
You will be ready to share ideas, thoughts around best practice and will get to create a playbook for key global markets, drawing on your relevant experience to date. You will be currently working for a digital or direct to consumer business and have the ability to prepare financial models, assist with tax enquiries as well as with reporting, evaluating and summarising of key performance metrics.
Key to your success will be your ability to work across and coordinate central and local teams, as well as getting into the detail to draw out insights and concisely present your findings. In return, you’ll get to work in a truly international team with high ambitions and get to make a real impact in one of the most disruptive digital businesses in 2021 and beyond.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Being a key member of DAZN regional management team in understanding the financial results and suite of business KPIs and using them to play a leading role in driving performance and maximising opportunities across all revenue-driving areas of the business within the region (including sales and marketing and content)
- Influencing and assisting regional management with respect to evaluating, negotiating and contracting new opportunities and contracts, including financial modelling in alignment with best practice from the central financial modelling team
- Delivering the regional annual budgets for all elements of revenue and gross margin (including challenging / obtaining buy-in from non-finance teams on the forecast inputs and KPIs that drive financial outputs) and managing the business against those barometers and reporting / interpreting actual results
- Ensuring annual revenue budgets are re-forecasted regularly (at least once a quarter) through close alignment with the Revenue Planning team and key regional and global stakeholders
- Managing subscription and ancillary revenues and budgets such as regional advertising, commercial premises and content sub-licensing
- Working closely with the local Finance Operations Manager and Finance SSC leads in order to transition commercial deals from inception through to effective business-as-usual with insightful reporting
- Presenting lookback and forecast analysis to management on a weekly and monthly basis during performance reviews as well as delivering regular post implementation reviews
- Supporting any recommendations by the Revenue Planning team related to pricing, proposition and offers by assisting with modelling as required
- Working closely with Central Finance in order to drive continuous improvements in the delivery of finance services to key finance / other management stakeholders impacting revenue including cash-flow management, provision of monthly management accounts (including balance sheet), purchase order creation and approval, advanced financial modelling, tax support and reporting support where required
- Establishing ‘playbook’ for Global markets to ensure simple and efficient integration when they are greenlit for launch
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Excellent understanding of finance (ideally finance qualified, i.e. chartered, certified or equivalent) with previous exposure to financial reporting, technical accounting and management accounting
- Experience of working in mid to senior finance positions in digital and high-volume subscription businesses
- Proven experience of managing finance analysts / business partners to deliver effective business partnering to multiple stakeholders as well as influencing senior executive in effective decision making
- Ability to partner with the business across a range of disciplines, including marketing, partnerships, pricing, direct costs and other revenue-driving functions
- Entrepreneurial mindset with great leadership skills
- Deep understanding of financial modelling techniques
- Awareness of off and on-line marketing methodologies
- Knowledge of finance systems (Oracle preferred)
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Track record of delivering finance business partnering to senior executives on key strategic decisions, for example influencing major partner deal negotiations or product pricing recommendations
- Knowledge of working with Oracle
- Department: Finance
- Career Level: CL5
- Country and Location: New York City, US
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
US BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- Up to 15 days of paid time off and 9 days of annual leave
- Health benefits (including dental & eye care) and a generous sick time package
- Short and long-term disability covering
- Parental leave offering
- Personal insurances, such as basic life term and personal accident
- Access to a 401(k) retirement plan
- Access to our online learning portal
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.