What's your new role about?
Are you interested in helping change and shape the way customers watch live sport? Are you passionate about broadcast engineering technology and how platforms link to deliver a seamless customer experience? If so, then our Broadcast Platform Manager role could be the perfect next step for you! This role can be based remotely in the UK, however flexibility to travel to DAZN offices will be required.
DAZN is one of the fastest growing OTT companies in the world and streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Identifying, actioning and completing technical improvements across the broadcast platforms
- Acting as a key technical conduit for third party suppliers including OTT platforms
- Device utilisation and capacity modelling
- Influencing project requirements, driving Engineering acceptance and transition into Engineering support
- Leading the deep diving of technical issues with relevant teams with trend analysis to mitigate and improve
- Technical Stakeholder management
- Communicating key changes and information across the Broadcast teams
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Deep knowledge of OTT Delivery
- Understanding of Public Cloud e.g. AWS / Azure / Google Cloud
- Knowledge of Encoding and Distribution
- Great communicator, tailored for all levels of technical ability and understanding
- A track record of building relationships across multiple teams and seniority levels to deliver a collaborative working environment.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience working in Broadcast / OTT / Streaming, particularly in a live / real-time environment
- Knowledge of Video Quality Analytics
- Video Transport knowledge e.g. Contribution / Error Protection
- Experience with Orchestration
- Any exposure to VOD / CDN or Ad Insertion
- Experience driving Continuous Improvement
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors would be a bonus!
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.