What's your new role about?
Are you interested in helping change and shape the way customers watch live sport? Are you passionate about broadcast engineering technology and how platforms link to deliver a seamless customer experience? If so, then our Broadcast Platform Manager role could be the perfect next step for you! This role can be based remotely in the UK, however flexibility to travel to DAZN offices will be required.
DAZN is one of the fastest growing OTT companies in the world and streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Identifying, actioning and completing technical improvements across the broadcast platforms
- Acting as a key technical conduit for third party suppliers including OTT platforms
- Device utilisation and capacity modelling
- Influencing project requirements, driving Engineering acceptance and transition into Engineering support
- Leading the deep diving of technical issues with relevant teams with trend analysis to mitigate and improve
- Technical Stakeholder management
- Communicating key changes and information across the Broadcast teams
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Deep knowledge of OTT Delivery
- Understanding of Public Cloud e.g. AWS / Azure / Google Cloud
- Knowledge of Encoding and Distribution
- Great communicator, tailored for all levels of technical ability and understanding
- A track record of building relationships across multiple teams and seniority levels to deliver a collaborative working environment.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience working in Broadcast / OTT / Streaming, particularly in a live / real-time environment
- Knowledge of Video Quality Analytics
- Video Transport knowledge e.g. Contribution / Error Protection
- Experience with Orchestration
- Any exposure to VOD / CDN or Ad Insertion
- Experience driving Continuous Improvement
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors would be a bonus!
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.