What's your new role about?
Live, breathe, dream sport? All sports?
SI? Keep reading.
As the Producer Basketball at DAZN you will be responsible for producing and creating fresh and engaging live and non-live, short and long form sports programmes, from our new production facility in Madrid.
Your knowledge of Basketball worldwide including Euroleague, Fiba, BCL and NBA will enable you, and your production team, to make your own awesome content that will go directly onto our Spanish platform. You’ll get to conceptualise, define and execute various live and non-live programming ideas, including managing a live TV gallery, producing features from the court, and ensuring we have interviews from players and managers to support our overall content output.
Your language skills (fluent in English and Spanish), creative acumen and general knowledge of various sports will ensure the content you create maximises performance and ensures a superior viewer experience. You’ll work closely with expert Executive Producers and Program Planners to organise and schedule all of our live Basketball matches and oversee the creation of our associated Basketball programming on the Spanish platform.
Not only this, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to European locations regularly and work with some of the best global talent in the sports media industry.
We are an international company and your English CV is required during the application.
Please send your CV and any supporting documents in English – many thanks!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Preparing and producing live match coverage of Basketball programmes for broadcast.
- Developing and producing exciting non-live Basketball content to appear on the platform.
- Working in a live TV Production and leading editorial output in a live on-air environment
- Leading a team of production staff to develop and deliver ideas for broadcast.
- Writing scripts, preparing and deciding running orders.
- Working with talent specifically live match commentators and analysts
- Overseeing the content creation for the Basketball rail, including live and non-live output
- Ensuring all non-live and VOD content is created to the highest standard and in appropriate timeframes
- Assisting with the acquisition of freelance talent
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Experience of producing live and non-live sports TV programmes
- Significant editorial knowledge of multiple European and worldwide basketball competitions.
- Proven leadership abilities, supported by demonstrated track record of management in a growth business
- Experience and understanding of the workings of post-production, outside broadcast, studio and gallery/control room technologies
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Understanding / experience of content production for OTT distribution
SPANISH BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
- Department: DAZN Content and Programming
- Type: Permanent
- Reports To: Executive Producer Multisport
- Career Level: CL3
- Location: Madrid – Spain
- Hours of Work: 40h (including evening and weekend work in line with live sports events)
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com