What's your new role about?
Would you like to lead the delivery of outstanding user experiences for a worldwide video streaming service, watched by millions of customers?
As Lead Product Designer, you will manage a team of UX and UI product designers vital in exposing our next-generation streaming video experiences to potential users across web, mobile and TV platforms, coordinating activities to ensure both user needs and business goals are met.
It is a truly international team shaping the future of video streaming experiences and designing engaging websites and apps. Your role will focus on the Acquisition and Retention area to take ownership of maximising the design of DAZN’s user management and payment systems, integrating with a large number of 3rd party payment providers and coming up with design strategies for new markets as DAZN expands.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Ensuring the accountability of the product design team and the product designs, leading by example in the creation of high-fidelity work products in both, UX and UI
- Manage and coach peers and junior contributors, leading by example and helping to raise the bar for the product design team
- Guiding the product design team in discovery/prep, facilitation of workshops with stakeholders, identifying and analysing needs, writing briefs and ensuring those insights inform or evolve products
- Gathering, evaluating and generating user requirements for products and services in collaboration with product managers, developers and other stakeholders
- Facilitating the presentation of and presenting design decisions to peers, partners, and stakeholders, helping the product design team to articulate and rationalise capabilities against user insights and business goals
- Creating hi-fidelity sign-up pages, design ideas, user flows, sitemaps and prototypes
- Commissioning remote and on-site user research and interpreting results to ensure the end-product design provides users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement
- Commission remote and on-site usability testing and interpret results to ensure the end-product design provides users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement
- Leading the planning and estimation of design activities for the product design team, helping facilitate broader workstream coordination and expectation setting with senior leaders and partners
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Proven experience leading UX or cross-disciplinary teams to deliver multiple solutions for a core global product within a dynamic fast paced UX group.
- Excellent knowledge of all areas of acquisition and retention, landing pages, sign up flows, including payments, onboarding, across all platforms and devices
- Demonstrable UI design skills including creative ideas, user flows, prototypes, and interpreting key insights and results from user research and the impact these have on the products.
- Experience working with user research.
- A good understanding of how to build global products being sympathetic to their specific needs and cultural differences.
- Excellent communication skills, with experience presenting to and influencing product, business, exec members, team members, stakeholders and external parties
- The ability to absorb and act quickly, challenge where necessary and act on constructive feedback
- Working knowledge of key design tools (Sketch, Zeplin, Marvel, InVision, Principle etc.)
- Always looking for improvements in the product process, identify market trends which can lead to opportunities or can solve an existing business, product and/or customer problem
- The ability to deliver innovative experiences for Mobile, Tablet, Desktop and TV form factors, with a working knowledge of distinct design constraints and nuances
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- The ability to work with teams across the globe, understanding and being sympathetic to cultural differences and how these can work across single products
- Being able to absorb and process high volume of information and assess patterns and trends
- The ability to develop problem-solving skills in team members and help them achieve clarity of analysis
- An understanding of frame problems and opportunities in the broader business and customer context, not just in relation to the product
Here's a little more about us…
A BIT ABOUT DAZN...
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in nine countries. Our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to building a great product for our customers. Our Product team works collaboratively with the Engineering team to continue optimizing our OTT Product and serve even more happy customers around the world.
We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, featuring the widest arry of live and on-demand content ever offered on one platform. We partner with the biggest rights holders across football (Champions League, Europa League, English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and 25+ more), boxing, Formula 1, NFL, NHL Baseball, Basketball, Rugby, Golf and many more, produce the best content ourselves, and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
If you’re looking to really make your mark on a fast growing global product, this is your chance.