What's your new role about?
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
Would you like to lead the delivery of outstanding user experiences for a worldwide video streaming service, watched by millions of customers.
As Lead Product Designer, you will manage a team of UX and UI product designers creating next-generation streaming video experiences on web, mobile and TV platforms, coordinating activities to ensure both user needs and business goals are met.
You will be championing design at all levels of the organisation, within the product design team as well as scrum teams to board level. You will be equally comfortable diving into the detail of the design UX and UI and leading workshops with the senior executives and stakeholders of the business.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Ensuring the accountability of the product design team and the product designs, leading by example in the creation of high-fidelity work products (20%)
- Managing and coaching peers and other contributors, leading by example and helping to raise the bar for the product design team (20%)
- Guiding the product design team in discovery/prep, facilitation of workshops with stakeholders, identifying and analysing needs, writing briefs and ensuring those insights inform or evolve products (10%)
- Gathering, evaluating and generating user requirements for products and services in collaboration with product managers, developers and other stakeholders (10%)
- Facilitating the presentation of and presenting design decisions to peers, partners, and stakeholders, helping the product design team to articulate and rationalise capabilities against user insights and business goals (10%)
- Creating hi-fidelity product designs, design ideas, user flows, sitemaps and prototypes (10%)
- Commissioning remote and on-site usability testing and interpreting results to ensure the end-product design provides users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement (10%)
- Leading the planning and estimation of design activities for the product design team, helping facilitate broader workstream coordination and expectation setting with senior leaders and partners (10%)
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Proven experience leading UX or cross-disciplinary teams to deliver multiple solutions for a core global product.
- Excellent knowledge of all areas of acquisitions, sign up flows, including payments, across all platforms and devices.
- A good understanding of how to build global products being sympathetic to their specific needs and cultural differences.
- experience working as a user experience practitioner within a dynamic fast paced UX group (preferably agency or consultancy)
- Proven ability to work with and proactively build relationships with development teams, negotiating priorities and technology constraints to ensure products are delivered on schedule
- Demonstrable UI design skills including creative ideas, user flows, sitemaps and prototypes, and interpreting key insights and results from user testing and the impact these have on the products.
- Excellent communication skills, with experience presenting to and influencing product, business, exec members, team members, stakeholders and external parties
- Ability to absorb and act quickly, challenge where necessary and act on constructive feedback
- Excellent working knowledge of key design tools (Sketch, Zeplin, Marvel etc.)
- Always look for improvements in the product process, identify market trends which can lead to opportunities or can solve an existing business, product and/or customer problem
- Proven ability to deliver innovative experiences for Mobile, Tablet, Desktop and TV form factors, with a working knowledge of distinct design constraints and nuances.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- The ability to work with teams across the globe, understanding and being sympathetic to cultural differences and how these can work across single products.
- Absorb and process high volume of information and assess patterns and trends
- Develop problem-solving skills in team members and help them achieve clarity of analysis
- Frame problems and opportunities in the broader business and customer context, not just in relation to the product
Here's a little more about us…
THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY...
UK Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years); Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance; Pension; Travel Loan; Cycle to Work Scheme*.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
A BIT ABOUT DAZN...
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.