What's your new role about?
Are you a commercial and passionate individual with a background in consumer facing subscription market performance analysis and want to play a critical role in the continued expansion of DAZN?
The newly created role of Market Performance Analyst will drive the business understanding of the performance of the Japan market against budgets and against key business objectives.
You’ll be a highly commercial person who loved to have their fingers on the pulse of the Japan consumer and subscription market, understanding the market-level potential impacts on business performance as well as the impact of internal actions and initiatives on customer behaviour. With your curiosity, you’ll be able to use your insights and analysis to drive strategic planning and operational change.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Understand the subscriber and revenue targets for the territory and track the performance for the Japan market, as well as, specific target segments of the customer base
- Perform analysis on key trends and changes. Work with the data science teams in market where required to complement these analyses with statistical studies or deeper dives
- Assess the revenue and customer experience implications of ancillary revenues in addition to the subscription business
- Use output from analyses to drive decision making within the territory. Document and track actions and hypotheses. Work closely with experimentation teams to understand the results of actions
- Work with operational teams (content, marketing, partnerships, etc.) to understand key plans that may impact customer behaviour or performance and track impacts within the territory
- Work closely with the revenue teams to provide context / detail / narrative for regular trading updates to ensure that the business has a full understanding of territory performance
- Facilitate, operationalise and track day to day P&L decisions for revenue optimisation to achieve subscriber and revenue targets
- Work with the local market to input into and produce monthly / quarterly business reports
- Act as key point of contact for local team for analytics or data requests to triage and funnel to analytics teams as appropriate
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Some working experience operating in a revenue / trading /performance function in a subscription business (or similar), ideally in Sport or eCommerce
- Strong communication skills across a wide variety of stakeholders in a fast-paced organisation with premium live sporting events every week of the year
- Highly commercial, numerate with a high level of analytical skills and ability to self-serve analysis
- Experience accessing data through dashboarding tools such as Tableau / Looker / PowerBI / Qlik essential. Experience with querying databases a strong plus
- Ability to work with the business across a range of disciplines, including marketing, partnerships, pricing, direct costs and other revenue-driving functions
- Excellent communication and organisational / collaboration skills with ability to work in a matrix type structure
- Strong commercial awareness and strategic/business acumen
- Pro-active and have an ability to operate in ambiguous and changing situations with multiple (at times conflicting) stakeholders to deliver results to meet deadlines
- Structured working methods as well as a solution-oriented and pragmatic approach to solve problems
- Willing to listen, try new ideas with a test, learn and adjust mentality
- Awareness of off and on-line marketing methodologies
- To develop a deep understanding and intimate knowledge of the local market and commercial landscape; encompassing broadcasters, OTT players, Telco’s, Platforms and Content Partners
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.