What's your new role about?
As DAZN expands globally, bringing sports streaming to fans all over the world, what can we do to make it the best and most interesting, engaging experience? As VP Content Engagement, you'll oversee multiple areas of content engagement within the Production and Editorial function. You are leading the strategic orientation of all output channels to drive engagement throughout all phases of the customer journey!
You will have editorial, platform merchandising and strategic responsibility for the DAZN DACH platforms (DAZN App / B2B App) and for our Linear Channels DAZN 1 & DAZN 2 and for our FAST Channels. You will take ownership to ensure that content is showcased and exceptionally merchandised and distributed on all our platforms and Channels, whilst also managing all of this in a coordinated and data-driven way to achieve the wider business engagement goals. You will report into our Senior Vice President Content & Production and you will be a crucial part for our success.
You will fully engage with and have access to amazing viewer engagement data, and you will be comfortable in presenting and using this to explain, and power decisions you and your team make around every piece of content we place on our platforms and channels. If you can help take the DAZN customer experience to the next level, then we would love to hear from you!
Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new VP Content Engagement ( (m/f/d), you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Develop strategies to achieve growth on DAZN’s Linear Channels, FAST Channels, and entertain the follower-base to drive engagement on the OTT platform
- Lead on and develop KPI’s that drive engagement on our Linear- and FAST Channels, but also understand ways to bring customers to the DAZN app from these channels
- Manage the team that executes your strategy
- Work closely with DAZN’s leading functions in DACH and/or with the related Global Functions and Leaders
- Coordinate three departments to develop a consistent editorial voice in line with DAZN’s brand, geared towards maximizing engagement
- Form close working relationships with content production teams leads to make sure the right content is commissioned to works across all our channels and platforms
- Develop joined up strategy across production and content
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience running OTT platform(s), sports websites and/or publishing sites
- Experience managing and developing high-profile (OTT) platforms and Linear Channels
- Strong editorial background in sports – especially Football knowledge
- Strong marketing skills
- Editorial and commercial experience working in the sports industry
- Experience managing and developing a large team
- Experience and ability to present to senior leads in the business, and always being able to back up decisions with data
- Fluent language skills in German and English
Even better if you have:
- Experience using Business Intelligence software, ideally Tableau and Looker
- Experience of managing an OTT service or modern platforms
- Experience translating and presenting data insights to creative teams
- Experience managing teams who may be spread across the world
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.