What's your new role about?
Are you passionate about technology and love the idea of leading technical incident management? If you thrive in a fast paced, tech-first environment and are ready to take a hands on technical approach to a 24x7, 356 platform then this is a great opportunity to support the platform availability and technical monitoring of DAZN’s global cloud based sports streaming platform!
Join DAZN’s growing Technical Incident Management team to drive the evolution of the DAZN Critical Incidents Technical Response Group, handling all technical incident types. You will take ownership for Incident Management as the key decision-maker and with the authority to direct the problem resolution path for the fastest restoration to any service. Through your management and restoration of impacted services from any critical incidents, you’ll apply the right technical resources and act as technical lead for major incident calls.
You’ll be involved in dynamic, varied work from determining the client impact, agreeing on resolution actions, managing the Technical communication channel and collaborating with other Incident Managers. You will be passionate about delivering a Major Incident Management process of top quality and integrity to act as the interface to the other Technology and Development stakeholders. Plus, you’ll have a unique opportunity to interact with suppliers!
You’ll be joining a growing team who are constantly looking for ways to evolve our technology with cutting edge solutions like AWS, ECS and Lambda and using varied languages from Node.JS to Java and PHP. We love innovation and out of the box thinking, so if you are looking for a chance to really push technical boundaries and work with cutting edge technology then DAZN is the place to be!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Line Management Responsibility of a team of Technical Incident managers and Senior engineers
- Technically leads all aspects of critical incidents (S1-S3) focused on fastest service restoration/recovery – bridge, teams communication channels, sync-points for sub-tech teams leading investigations (including 3rd party vendors and DAZN engineering teams
- Be responsible for the quality and integrity of Major Incident Management process and is the interface with OPS Incident Managers, Support teams, and DAZN Development/Engineering teams.
- Support and lead technical incidents requiring deep technical and problem resolution skills of the team, this may include across regions working with other TIMs/ Engineering teams / Vendors /Suppliers to support 24x7 coverage.
- Partner with other Support, Dev and Engineering teams to resolve difficult or unique system issues that team members are not equipped to handle
- Provide recommendations on troubleshooting and other technology improvements to quickly resolve incidents, ensuring infrastructure and application stability
- Assume leadership responsibility during an S1 to direct the TIM team as they work towards service restoration and Lead S1 –S3 tech incident bridge calls, determine SMEs needed, identify problem and release/de-escalate after diagnosis
- Build strong internal and external relationships with technical teams, customers and third parties
- Ensure the TIM team meets resolution specifications as designed in the SLA while also enabling reduction of mean time to resolution
- Have an attitude of flexibility and willingness to support a 24x7 global operation via off-hours support or on-call availability
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities of managing a senior technical team
- Strategic and tactical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills, while under pressure
- Working knowledge of ITIL incident, problem, and change management components
- The ability to co-ordinate technical, incident and supplier side teams to ensure that all incidents are accurately prioritised and effectively managed
- Experience in systems across Cloud-based environments and dealing with applications built in Microservices architecture.
- Extensive experience of managing major incidents especially those that have a significant cross service impact, including how to influence technical teams not under your direct control
- The ability to identify early indications of major incidents not progressing well and the skill to engage the right teams to get them on track
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; with a special focus on customer/client level interaction
- Practical experience with incident/outage and crisis management
- Experience with monitoring tools like Check Mk, Nagios, Pager Duty, Datadog, New Relic or similar
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures such as Enterprise Server Platforms and related IT architectures and equipment
- Exposure to working with Log Aggregation tools like Elk, Logz.io or similar
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Broadcast industry experience and understanding of broadcast systems/technologies
- Knowledge of ticketing system – Service Now or JIRA
- Configuration Management – Puppet and or Ansible or Terraform
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.