What's your new role about?
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As a Business Analyst for Application Control Centre at DAZN, you will be responsible for defining, documenting and communicating requirements for the DAZN Application Control Centre, which includes management of rails, images, sports data, metadata, landing pages, gift codes, video player heuristics and more to power DAZN across all platforms (Phone/Tablet/ Desktop/Living room) in an Agile, user centric and data driven environment. You will work closely with Application Control Centre Product managers, UX, Architecture and other stakeholders to scope out requirements and begin documenting them, creating user flows and BDD Gherkin tickets.
Stories will be groomed with Dev teams, ensuring buy in and a shared understanding of what should be built before sprints start. During sprints you will advise the delivery team, making sure what is built meets business requirements, and then monitor performance after releases to inform our approach to later iterations and priorities. You will be working on a global product with the opportunity to shape a next generation video OTT platform to deliver streaming sport (live and on demand) to a large customer base around the world.
Your role will involve working with internal and external development teams located in Poland, the UK and other European cities and liaising with production, broadcast, marketing, commercial and technical teams in each of our live and upcoming territories.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Work with your Product team to gather requirements from various internal departments for the DAZN Application Command Centre (ACC) to support the DAZN service
- Document these requirements as internal user stories with acceptance criteria written in BDD and Gherkin
- Work with the DAZN Architecture team to capture the technical requirements of the DAZN ACC
- Work with UX and Design team to capture the user journeys for internal users of the DAZN ACC
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver the user interface of the DAZN ACC
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver the API feeds to support the DAZN clients dependent on the ACC
- Support internal user testing, training and feedback sessions to improve the user experience
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Be competent in defining user facing requirements as user stories in BDD and Gherkin
- Experience working within an agile environment
- Experience as a Product Owner/Business Analyst
- Able to communicate ideas to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Good standard of verbal and written English
- Creation of UML and user flow diagrams
- KPI tracking experience and drawing conclusions from data
- Advanced level of written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills and experience reporting back to senior management
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD SOME OF THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Able to define user journeys in Business Process Model Notation
- Able to sketch ideas for user journeys with OmniGraffle or Balsamiq
- Experience working with a Content Management System
- Experience of working with Backend teams delivering APIs
- Strong research skills and experience of competitor analysis
- Technical background/degree
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in nine countries. Our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to building a great product for our customers. Our Product team works collaboratively with the Engineering team to continue optimizing our OTT Product and serve even more happy customers around the world.
We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, featuring the widest arry of live and on-demand content ever offered on one platform. We partner with the biggest rights holders across football (Champions League, Europa League, English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and 25+ more), boxing, Formula 1, NFL, NHL Baseball, Basketball, Rugby, Golf and many more, produce the best content ourselves, and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
If you’re looking to really make your mark on a fast growing global product, this is your chance.