What's your new role about?
Is your next career move to lead a team which uses data, reporting and analytical skills to help answer business questions to make DAZN a data-driven company?
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers. When you join DAZN you will work on projects that impact millions of lives thanks to your critical contributions to our global products
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting-edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This role will be based in our brand new Hyderabad office. Join us in India’s beautiful “City of Pearls” and bring your ambition to life.
We are looking for an experienced iOS engineer who is passionate about building modern, scalable applications for iOS and tvOS, and will take ownership of the full product feature cycle from design to delivery.
The R&D group is building and delivering the enablement platform for the current and next generation of media experiences in the fields of personalization, content interaction, and social interaction, all of which are at the core of DAZN's value proposition.
Key parts of the workflow are ingestion, transcoding of various video and audio live/VOD assets, personalized processing, and distribution across the world to end-users, while allowing collaboration among users, all in real-time. This group is taking full responsibility for providing end-to-end social interaction functionalities on multiple platforms including web, smart TVs, iOS, Android, PlayStation, and Xbox.
As our new iOS Developer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Designing and developing our cutting-edge products, delivered to millions of sports fans around the world.
- Be an essential part of a team working in a fast B2C paste product delivery pipeline.
- Work with the most talented individual on features that cross platforms, languages, and protocols to deliver social engagement to sports fans.
- Learn from the best in the field, and teach others.
- Own the full product feature cycle from being a part of the product brainstorming through all dev cycles and up to take the responsibility for the feature when rolled to production.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5- 8 years of experience in Apple Swift/Obj-C development.
- Senior-level understanding of design patterns and architectures.
- A verse in 3rd party frameworks and solutions.
- Senior-level understanding of server-client fundamentals.
- Senior-level understanding of multithreading.
- Experience with UI Kit
- Experience with RxSwift development.
- Experience in writing unit tests.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Can-do attitude!
Even better if you have:
- Experience in writing automation tests.
- Continuous integration tools and practices.
- Familiarity with agile software development.
- Experienced with low-level systems in C/C++.
- Experienced with OpenGL, high-performance rendering, mobile device, digital AV, video and audio codecs, and media players.
- Experience with RxSwift development.
- Experienced with working on networking technology and approaches, e.g. client-server, peer-to-peer, writing network code using TCP/IP and UDP stacks and networking concepts.(routing, congestion, datagrams vs. streams)
- Experienced with RT web technologies: WebSockets, WebRTC.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.