What's your new role about?
We have an exciting Engineering Manager opportunity within Product Engineering here at DAZN.
Specifically, this role is within our Operational Tools and Systems team (DOTS) where you will play a vital role within one of the teams building our editorial tools, media streaming and rights management platforms.
We broadcast hundreds of live sporting events each week, around the clock, and require scalable, reliable, solutions that form the backbone of our platform. The DOTS team delivers these solutions.
DAZN is growing rapidly; growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who are happy to take ownership, enjoy solving complex problems and want to help us build a strong engineering culture of fun and inclusivity. Does this sound like you?
We’re now mostly a remote team, with only occasional office visits (post-covid) where we can get together, socialise and actually meet other people! On average we'd expect teams to meet up a few times a month.
At DAZN our Engineering Managers support two or three delivery teams, these teams are made up of around 6 people; software engineers, SDETs and often a BA. We also have Scrum Masters who usually support the same teams as the engineering manager.
Our Engineering Managers are accountable for their teams' delivery and ensuring they are providing value for the business: By working on the right things and operating efficiently. They achieve this by helping team's shape their roadmap, contributing their technical experience and providing the right environment. They lead by support and engagement.
Our Engineering Managers lead by example, they challenge themselves and challenge others. They inspire individuals to contribute more and support those around them.
Our Engineering Managers build a positive team culture, one that promotes autonomy, encourages innovation and values ownership & accountability.
Data and metrics are key, our Engineering Manager's measure everything; performance, delivery, the team's health. Without data everything is conjecture.
A bit more about us
At DAZN we're doing things no one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning, there's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
- You have an infectious passion and energy for delivering top-class software and services
- You love to build software that makes things better
- You've worked in, and helped shape, a successful Agile environment
- You've excelled within a "you build it, you run it" DevOps culture
- You have, and value, strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- You're an amazing communicator, whether talking tech with a product delivery team or negotiating priorities with senior stakeholders
- You don't shy away from giving constructive criticism
- You're a great motivator
- You're able to make decisions quickly, but pivot when you see a better solution
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
- We're the largest, fastest-growing, global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
- We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
- We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, to content distribution and commercialisation.
- Work with some amazingly talented individuals using some great tech
- Competitive Salary
- 15% annual bonus (Based on company and personal performance)
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible and Remote working opportunities
- Private medical cover
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Generous refer a friend scheme
- The latest MacBook Pro or equivalent Windows Laptop
- Full access to training resources on oreilly.com and acloudguru.com
- £150 annual home office support
- MyBenefits portal (cycle to work, shopping discounts etc)
Here's a little more about us…
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We would actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns information other than your professional experience.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.