What's your new role about?
We have an exciting opportunity for a commercial, entrepreneurial and passionate individual to join our commercial finance team and play a critical role in our in our continued expansion. You will be successful if you have an analytical mind and can build strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
You will be a key member of the finance team supporting the advertising function, you will be the liaison between the Central Function, the individual markets and the management team. You will be responsible for the full scope of the advertising P&L and Cash Flow with a primary focus reporting of financials, KPIs and metrics that are intrinsic to the business.
The role will report into the VP finance – Advertising and will have close working relationships with the data, ad performance and sales teams in different markets. Advertising is a fast-paced environment, and you will be dealing with teams in 7 different markets so at times it will be busy but incredible rewarding and an with so much exposure to senior leadership is an excellent learning opportunity and has plenty of scope for growth
This role will be based in our London Hammersmith office.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Finance Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be a key member of DAZN advertising management team in understanding the financial results and suite of business KPIs and using them to play a leading role in driving performance and maximizing opportunities across the whole P&L
- Present lookback and forecast analysis to management on a weekly and monthly basis during performance reviews, including performance KPI’s.
- Deliver monthly financial reviews to management, analysing financial performance against benchmarks and highlighting risks, opportunities and insights
- Deliver the regional annual budgets for all elements of the advertising P&L (including challenging/obtaining buy-in from non-finance teams on the forecast inputs and KPIs that drive financial outputs) and managing the business against those barometers
- Ensure annual budgets are re-forecasted regularly (at least once a quarter) through close alignment with the key regional and global stakeholders
- Assist regional management with evaluating new opportunities and contracts, including financial modelling in alignment with best practice from the central financial modelling team
- Work closely with Regional Finance teams in order to drive continuous improvements in the delivery of finance services to key finance/other management stakeholders impacting revenue including cash-flow management, provision of monthly management accounts (including balance sheet), purchase order creation and approval, advanced financial modelling and reporting support where required
- Play a supporting role in the establishment and maintenance of a strong culture of governance and control across the vertical
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Qualified in either ACA, CIMA or equivalent accounting qualification.
- Advanced Excel skills, with demonstrable speed in using complex spreadsheets
- Ability to develop relationships and work closely with both financial and non-financial staff
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Team player mindset with the ability to work cohesively and effectively with a range of colleagues
- Strong commercial acumen
- Extremely organised
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of finance systems (Oracle preferred) and data analytics/reporting tools (Tableau and Looker would be great)
- Experience working with teams in international markets
- Basic Advertising knowledge (CPMs, STRs, Yield etc)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.