What's your new role about?
Are you a highly organised individual with strong reporting skills? Why not join us on an exciting journey to witness DAZN become the leading sports OTT platform.
Reporting directly to the Senior Group Finance Manager (Financial Reporting), the successful applicant will have responsibility for managing and delivering on a number of the Group’s international and external financial reporting obligations. They will be expected to manage both their own workload in addition to the reporting of regional teams on a timely and efficient basis, developing a greater understanding and communication of the performance of various overseas entities.
This will include delivering high quality outputs for investors, key business stakeholders and both Group and local auditors. This role necessitates active liaison with the group tax team, legal and company secretarial teams, regional finance teams, and external third party advisors.
The successful applicant will be a key Finance contact for the business and will drive long term reporting improvements. Additionally, this role will require active involvement in establishing reporting frameworks in the new and emerging markets.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- In order to deliver the responsibilities set out below, you will work closely with the regional finance teams, the Group’s shared service centre, divisional finance teams and external service providers.
- External Reporting responsibilities:
- Review, coordination and preparation of quality financial reports for the Group’s regional entities in line with international accounting standards
- Management of key external reporting deliverables to shareholders, investors, auditors and other stakeholders
- Interaction with external accountants and regional finance teams to deliver quality financial reports.
- Technical advice and insight responsibilities:
- Provide technical advice and analysis on key financial reporting matters, particularly with relevance to the Group’s regional finance obligation
- Evaluate and manage the financial reporting impact of any material events that will give rise to a change in the Group’s reporting framework
- Evaluate and assess the impact of changes to relevant financial reporting standards
- Build in-house knowledge of international reporting requirements.
- Finance Project responsibilities:
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in the Group’s financial reporting processes and implementing lasting changes
- Assistance in structuring suitable international finance resources and teams
- Ensuring adequate systems and processes are in place for the on-boarding of potential new regional operations or entities.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Strong understanding of Financial Reporting Standards and Frameworks
- Excellent planning & organisational skills and able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, good verbally and outgoing in personality and the ability to present to senior individuals confidently
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience using Oracle desirable and strong IT Skills (Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of US GAAP and other international reporting standards an advantage
- Experience interacting with internationally based staff or stakeholders
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.