What's your new role about?
Legal Counsel, Betting & Gaming is a brand-new role within the DAZN Legal Team in which you’ll be playing an essential part in DAZNs first steps within betting and gaming.
Based out of our Hammersmith office, you’ll get a flexible approach to home and office working to enable you to best support the rapidly growing Betting & Gaming Division with an international reach.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a mid-level betting & gaming lawyer to join DAZN, one of the most exciting and rapidly growing businesses in the sports industry.
After launching the DAZN sports streaming service globally, the business set up the Betting & Gaming Division to drive fan engagement, and the ambitious growth plans of this division need a subject matter expert to help facilitate these.
As this new business division grows in scale and ambition, you’ll also get the opportunity to get involved in projects across the globe, be an integral part of the team and develop the role, making it your own!
The internal job title will be Legal Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel, depending on your experience.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working , and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Legal Counsel, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Provide advice and risk assessments on legal & regulatory matters applicable to our products & services in various territories
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to fully understand their requirements and how these might impact the legal analysis
- Work with and manage external counsel
- Prepare any regulatory, licensing and compliance documents
- Develop and maintain relationships with national and international regulatory authorities
- Produce simple and actionable guidance for relevant business units
- Negotiate & draft contracts with commercial partners
- Act as primary legal contact for certain business stakeholders and drive important projects
- Co-ordinate team members in relation to compliance issues on a regional and global basis
- Be willing to take responsibility for items which are outside of the normal scope of your remit from time to time
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Around 3-10 years of PQE, having trained at and subsequently worked in a highly successful and recognised betting and gaming team, either in private practice or a strong in-house team
- Experience of directly advising clients/stakeholders on regulatory matters
- Confident in negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts related to betting and gaming products and services
- Excellent technical legal skills, especially first-class drafting and interpretative abilities
- Highly commercial and constructive negotiating and problem-solving abilities
- Experience of working on matters with a moderate to high degree of autonomy
- An ability to juggle a large workload and rapidly shifting priorities
- A well-rounded personality with the capacity to work effectively with others from a wide range of professional and non-professional disciplines
- An ability to create, develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- A willingness to operate out of your comfort zone and the motivation to play a proactive role in developing DAZN’s legal function
Even better if you have:
- Experience dealing directly with betting regulators
- Experience working for a rapid growth, scale up business
- Working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018 and the E-Privacy Regulation
- Experience of copyright licensing and/or content distribution via the internet
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.