What's your new role about?
DAZN is looking for a dynamic, conceptual storyteller to play a leading role in the expansion of Original Content across our platforms.
The successful candidate will be a key figure in the growth of DAZN’s Japan market content offering.
Your core responsibility will be to concept and develop original content executions that are built on business objectives that drive deeper engagement with DAZN subscribers.
You will require an in-depth knowledge of sport, sport storytelling and all content formats - from short-form social video to long-form storytelling.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Ideate new concepts for content development
- Creatively direct content execution to be published on and off the DAZN platform
- Collaborate with key departments – internal studio team, internal production and editorial teams.
- Build a network of creative external third party collaborators to support your executions
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 10+ years working at highly respected creative departments
- Fluency in both Japanese and English
- In-depth understanding of relevant content market in for Japan
- Track record of developing award-winning stories that drive business objectives
- Portfolio of work the spans across content formats from social to long form
- Track record of outstanding art direction
- An excellent understanding of and passion for sport
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Good contacts among sports industry
- Good contacts at production and other content creation companies
- Proven management and organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
- A keen interest of the sports and entertainment sectors
- Sound computer literacy and experience using the most commonly used software packages
- Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
- Annual Health Exams
- Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
- Relo club employee benefit package (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
- Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
- Discount for every drink in vending machine
- Free access to DAZN (live or on-demand sports streaming service) on a daily basis
- Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.