What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product used by millions of people on a daily basis? Join us as a QA Developer!
DAZN is a streaming platform broadcasting over 40 different sports from more than 300 different leagues to 9 markets including Germany, Japan, Italy, Canada, USA, Spain, and Brazil (and more to come)!
We are a team called Manatees using agile practices to develop and maintain several backend microservices. We believe that individuals and interactions take precedence over processes and tools, so we strive to keep our way of working as simple as possible. We code in JS and TypeScript and are empowered to choose the remainder of the tech stack. It usually involves AWS-hosted solutions - ECS, Lambda, SQS/SNS coupled with AuroraDB or DynamoDB.
Currently, we place most of our focus on two microservices: one is a highly-performant search feature utilising ElasticSearch as its backbone, while the second one allows users to set and maintain a collection of events to follow and sends push notifications before they start using Airship. Both of them work across many markets and platforms, which requires close collaboration with other teams.
As a QA, your main responsibilities will be to develop automated tests and to perform manual tests for modern and scalable applications, with micro-frontends architecture on the frontend and a microservice-based architecture on the backend.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF...)
- Developing automated tests for BE services
- Supporting the Agile team to deliver a high-quality product
- Developing your skills in the Quality Assurance area
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Practical knowledge of any programming language
- Skills and experience in automating tests for functional & non-functional requirements
- Commercial background as a QA in an agile environment
- Self-reliance, ability to prioritize day-to-day tasks but also to work as a part of the team
- Ease of communicating in English
- Familiarity with GIT (or other distributed version control system)
- Basic knowledge of relational/non relational databases
NOT ESSENTIAL, BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO
- Had some exposure to testing microservices
- Have an ability to review code with a focus on quality and performance
- Worked with cloud-based environments (preferably AWS)
- Are used to continuous integration / deployment practices
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (Learning Zone) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We also have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
Shape your career with us! We are waiting for you at DAZN!
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
- Run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.