What's your new role about?
Are you an experienced manager looking to join a rapidly expanding European Operations team? Then come join the team at DAZN.
We are looking for an experienced Live Operations Manager for Italy to join a busy sports broadcaster. You will oversee the production operations for the Italian markets, ensuring that resources are optimally utilized and continuously developed. You will be part of a dynamic team supporting and maintaining production operations across Europe.
You will be a key point of contact for program makers producing live and non-live content for DAZN Italy. You will oversee the entire production and manufacturing process, from concept to planning, costing and delivery. You will work within the regional production team and also collaborate with key stakeholders to manage workflows and ensure the viability of new projects in these facilities. This will include ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, on budget, and with a balance of efficient resources, including freelancers and third party vendors.
You will be the key liaison between our operations teams and our service providers, ensuring that the right workflows are in place and the right facilities are booked for each project. You will analyse facility usage within the regional teams and evaluate and advise on how we can maximize usage and become more efficient.
As our new Live Operations Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Act as a key point of contact for program makers and the central broadcast services and operations team, ensuring efficient and collaborative communication and cross-functional collaboration
- Evaluate and refine workflows in studio and onsite operations to ensure efficiencies are maximised
- Oversee technical and operational workflows,
- Collaborate with central and regional operations and engineering teams
- Track new technologies and opportunities in engineering that can be leveraged by DAZN
- Experience with a variety of software development processes and project management methodologies
- Ability to create and maintain comprehensive solution documentation
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience working as a manager in a broadcast environment.
- Good experience of Live events and Studio productions in a time critical environment
- Commercial awareness, from initial planning and budgeting through to managing day-to-day requirements and final delivery, on budget.
- Outstanding Communication Skills both verbal and written. Experience in setting meeting agendas and leading.
- Ability to manage multiple requirements and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Working across regional delivery of content but understanding global needs.
- Experience working with third party vendors and integrating with external software
- Fluent in Italian and English
Even better if you have:
- Experience working in sport and sporting rights delivery, or an interest in it.
- Experience of recruitment and on-boarding new starters.
- Experience with classical broadcast technology and new IP based technologies
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.