What's your new role about?
As the Rights Executive for DAZN Italy, you will play a crucial role supporting the global rights team, with a local responsibility to maximize the value of our sports media rights investments in Italy.
You will have experience working in a team environment and supporting multiple people across the business. You will be efficient and assertive with a can-do attitude.
You will have a good understanding of the varying functions within a sports media business, with specific knowledge of media rights negotiations. You will work with our rights holder partners across Italy and Spain in order to ensure the successful addition and activation of all content on the DAZN platform.
You will develop a good understanding of the right holder communities that engage with DAZN content and will seek to understand DAZN’s relationships with the key influencers and channels within these groups. Given the global nature of the DAZN business and UK-based HQ, speaking English is essential in addition to the local language.
You will build strong rapport with external rights holders and supporting functions at DAZN HQ in London, working collaboratively to deliver team goals to maximum effect.
Reporting regularly and working closely with your line manager for guidance and collaborative project success.
We’d be grateful if you would please send your CV and any supporting documents in English – many thanks!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Learn and understand core functionalities of DAZN’s rights acquisition process
- Provide day-to-day support for all DAZN rights and commercial tasks and projects
- Analysing and profiling rights acquisition targets in Italian and Spanish market, working alongside local and global Rights Managers to understand upcoming opportunities
- Work closely with Rights Managers and the Central Strategy Team, to undertake industry and competitor analysis and understand market dynamics, presenting findings back to the wider team on a regular basis
- Keep up to date with sports industry trends and maintain in-depth knowledge of the media landscape
- Clear and assertive communication with internal/external stakeholder’s including meeting organization etc.
- Create and maintain strong account relationships with Rights Holders as specified by Line Manager
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 2/3+ years’ experience in the account management of sports or broadcast industries
- Passionate interest and understanding of the sports, broadcast and new media landscapes
- Solid understanding of the sports rights and media landscape
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growth environment
- Self-starter attitude with strong willingness and ability to work cross-functionally
- Bachelor’s degree
- Languages: Italian and English
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Understanding of global sports rights holder requirements in the Italian market
- Experience working in a similar high growth / scale up business
- Experience working in an international environment / global organisation
- Spanish language
ITALY BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 26 days’ annual leave, voucher launch, company festivities, fresh fruit, coffee and other soft drinks.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation
- Department: Commercial & Business Development
- Internal Job Title: Multisport Rights Executive
- Reports To (title): Rights Manager
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Italy, Milan
- Hours of Work: Mon - Fri (40h)
- Line Management Responsibility: NO
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.