What's your new role about?
Do you want to join one of the fastest growing online live broadcasting companies in the world, where we stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries?
We are seeking a Lead Analytics Engineer to join DAZN's Analytics Engineering team, where you can take the next step in your career! As the Lead Analytics Engineer, you will lead from the front and put your Engineering skills to use in supporting our growing Analytics and Insights team.
Tech Stack: Snowflake, DBT, Airflow, AWS, Dataiku and Looker
You’ll find cutting edge technology here that supports our sport streaming platform. Big data isn’t a plan for us, it’s the reality – so all our data sets are stored in Snowflake and orchestrated using DBT & Airflow in a 100% cloud-based platform. We also use modern programming languages like Python and strive to deliver self-service analysis using Looker. As DAZN is improving non-stop, we’ll always aim go with the latest trends in data analytics, meaning you’ll constantly get to develop your analytical expertise too.
To keep it simple: You will have the opportunity to play a part in a wide array of projects rooted in DAZN’s unique and exciting data, whilst demonstrating ground-breaking tools and techniques that support our ambitious plans for product development and the company’s rapid global growth to change the way the world watches sport!
If you enjoy coaching and nurturing talent, leading the delivery of key projects and are interested in joining the DAZN journey then we would love to hear from you!
This role can be based in London, North England / Leeds, Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich or Madrid
As our new Lead Analytics Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Oversee your direct reports in the development and maintenance of new and existing modelled data pipelines
- Be responsible for ensuring our ‘Source of Truth’ datasets are stable, accurate and reliable
- Review and refactor code, with an emphasis on SQL & Python
- Design and implement systems and process for testing & QA, CI/CD and performance management
- Build your own roadmap to deliver business critical projects in an agile, scrum-based environment
- Drive continuous performance improvements and efficiency savings within our Snowflake data warehouse and wider analytical tooling
- Engage in design sessions to help build new data products for the business
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience leading a data science team and delivering team objectives
- Mentoring junior roles – code reviews / technical workshops / pair programming
- A working knowledge of coding techniques in SQL development and Python OOP
- Experience using cloud-based Data Warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift etc)
- Comfortable in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
- Working knowledge of CI/CD processes
- A good understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and cloud ETL/ELT design patterns (star schemas, de-normalisation, batch vs real-time etc)
- You are curious, ambitious and have a high attention to detail
Even better if you have:
- Experience working with DBT and Airflow
- Experience working in an agile, scrum-based environment
- Experience working with visualisation tools (Looker)
- Understanding of BI and Data Science principles
Here's a little more about us…
Don’t worry if you’ve not done all of the above before – if you have some relevant experience, we’d still love to talk to you!
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.