What's your new role about?
What’s better than supporting engineers that reach millions of concurrent users globally? Doing it with millions more users in mind. As a Scrum Master at DAZN you will be responsible for supporting our Software Engineering teams to deliver on their commitments; and the organisation to maximise the business value of our software, through the application of agile culture, frameworks and tools.
Do you want the creative freedom to lead engineering delivery? We’re looking for engaged, delivery-focused practitioners who want to help us build a strong engineering culture, where we deliver great products by collaborating to get things done for our customers.
Is your current job allowing you to become better at your craft or just lengthening your years in the industry? Whether it's speaking at events, getting involved in the Agile delivery community, working with other teams, or gaining knowledge and ideas from some of the great minds we have here – you’ll always be getting better at DAZN.
The essentials for you!
Location: White Rose, Leeds, UK
Industry: OTT and Live Streaming Service
Leeds Engineering team:50+
Pronounced DA-ZONE (tricky, we know!) we are contributing members of the Open Source community and love to share our technological advances with everyone across the world!
Want to do your own research? These links are a good place to start:
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll be doing (not everything, just the important bits):
- Educate, coach and mentor teams (and stakeholders) on agile/lean principles, frameworks, tools and ways of working.
- Organise, facilitate and evolve Scrum events (planning, stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives).
- Work with the Product team to manage the flow of work coming into Engineering teams.
- Track, measure, forecast and analyse the output of Engineering teams.
- Liaise with other teams (including external) to address and resolve cross team issues, conflicts and dependencies.
- Be an active part of the Agile community within DAZN and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
To have an impact in this role you, our Scrum Masters generally have these traits:
- Commercial experience as a Scrum Master/Agile Delivery Lead.
- Applied different agile frameworks and practices with teams in various delivery settings.
- Ability to handle conflict effectively.
- Excellent communication & influencing skills across all seniority levels.
- Agile certification (e.g. CSM, PSM, KMP).
Here's a little more about us…
Don’t have an up to date CV? That’s cool with us - send over what you got, and we can sort that out together.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.