What's your new role about?
We are looking for a multi-disciplined Designer who is bursting with ideas and creativity, combined with a real interest in sport. In return you will work on designing and creating graphics for the DAZN platform, our social media channels and our portals Spox and Goal.
DAZN Creative is an internal creative agency born within DAZN - the world’s largest OTT sports broadcaster. We are built to serve the brand without distraction, and we’re driven by meaningful creative built on authentic sporting insight.
We need great creative minds who live, breathe and get the space we’re playing in to grow our team. Our creative arm is made up of a mixture of agency, broadcast and design studio experience and works on everything from Ad Campaigns to Internal Comms, Promos, CSR, Ambassador Partnerships and Original Content. We get to work with the biggest sporting events, rights holders and athletes in the world but we also like working with the smaller ones.
From the Bundesliga and Champions League to NFL and UFC, DAZN is at the heart of the broadcasting of the World’s major sports. Our revolutionary OTT platform is the only place viewers in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Japan, Canada, USA and Brazil can watch some of these major sports.
You’ll play an active role in the creative process of creating graphics for use on and off the DAZN platform, SPOX.com
. You’ll be a team player who is aware of what is fresh and exciting in the marketplace, buzzing with exhilarating ideas that work across multiple platforms, all with the same result driving people to watch our amazing content. Working with different departments you’ll develop fresh and exciting approaches to graphics and have a strong creative flair to drive innovation across the brand. Your work will sit comfortably across multiple platforms, including social. Armed with some good experience from working in a broadcast environment, your enthusiasm and passion for what you do will bring the best of those around you.
You will be working on a global product with the opportunity to shape a new generation of sports fans via a video OTT platform that delivers streaming of sport (live and on demand) to customers around the world.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- You’re visually inventive, organised and motivated, keen to learn every day, love working with people and articulating your ideas.
- Work alongside creative colleagues/ stakeholders to interpret briefs and to create the best work.
- To follow brand guidelines and tone of voice.
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- To work to formal and informal creative briefs.
- Take onboard feedback and translate that into your work.
- Ensure your work is editorially and accurate technically compliant.
- Be self-confident, flexible, motivated and a good communicator
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Educated to degree level in design, media, animation, or a related design discipline, or have equivalent industry experience with demonstrable graphic design, branding skills.
- A link to your portfolio including up to date work on your CV is required
- A passion for sports and knowledge of current trends in the sports media and broadcasting
- Adobe creative suite After effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Great understanding of typography, composition
- A good eye / Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good language skills in German & English, both verbal and written
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience working on sports content
- Experience working with a localisation in a global capacity
- Department: DAZN Creative DACH
- Reports To (title): Design Manager DACH
- Type: Permanent
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Ismaning, Munich, Germany
- Hours of Work: 40 Hours per week, with some out of hours working on occasion
- Line Management Responsibility: No
GERMANY BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 30 days’ annual leave, matched pension contributions of 3% of annual salary, company festivities, fresh fruit, coffee and other refreshments.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.