What's your new role about?
As the global leader in Sports OTT broadcasting, our product reaches a wide and varied, global customer base. It is important that we build experiences that work globally, but feel local. Sports fans in local markets need an experience that works for them; whether that be tailored language and imagery, the commercial proposition, the way they find or consume content, the devices they can watch DAZN on, or the payment methods they can use to subscribe.
As the Product Manager, Localization, you will be DAZN Product teams eyes and ears in the North America and Latin America (NALA) market, responsible for ensuring that DAZN has appropriate feedback loops with local customers and the DAZN product is appropriately tailored for customers in markets across NALA region.
You will ensure that DAZN delivers an amazing experience for sports fans in local markets in your region, accounting for customer expectations and behaviors, the DAZN commercial proposition and legal or regulatory requirements. You will work to ensure that experiences designed and built by our central product and tech teams are delivered in a scalable way so that they work locally.
You will be responsible for observing trends in our customers behavior and experience through multiple sources of customer insight, highlighting areas for improvement and identifying solutions to solve customer problems and needs. You will also conduct competitor analysis, on both global and local Sports and OTT offerings.
You will contribute to the central design and definition of new initiatives to ensure they cater for your local market needs, and lead the definition and business case for any local-specific requirements, be they regulatory, commercial or customer experiential.
You will also work with partners in local markets in your region to help bring DAZN to new customers, working with central Product Managers and in-region business development teams to implement solutions using DAZN re-usable components, whilst ensuring the most seamless customer journey.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across DAZN’s entire Product tech stack, on Web, Mobile and Living Room devices across a large number of countries in the region, and across the disciplines of Acquisition & Retention, Playback, Content Discovery and Customer Engagement. You will work closely with specialist Product Managers in those disciplines and colleagues in Tech, Customer Services, Marketing, Strategy and Operations to play your part in DAZN's mission to change the way the world sees sport.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Support local BD, and work with central partnerships product managers to implement partnership integrations across the region, including installing the DAZN application on partner set-top boxes, implementing partner billing and ISP peering, and delivering go-to-market campaigns
- Identify, define and gain consensus on in-region and in-country Localization requirements (including regulatory and commercial requirements).
- Provide input into new product features to ensure they can be, and are, appropriately localized across the region
- Support the roll-out of new global product features and experiences in region
- Set-up and monitor exception and trend reporting, and customer feedback loops to identify issues and opportunities with the product and our local customers in NALA
- Work closely with Customer Services and Incident Managers to ensure that customer facing issues are identified, defined accurately and managed through to resolution
- Work closely with Marketing and Commercial teams to ensure Product support for new commercial initiatives and campaigns
- Conduct competitor analysis and bench-marking
- Test the DAZN experience, including playback, on a number of devices to troubleshoot issues, and work with DAZN testing teams to ensure quality assurance of DAZN product in NALA
- Work with the DAZN Localization manager and DAZN copywriters to ensure that language on local product is consistent with DAZN tone of voice and provides the information customers need
- Supporting BETA testing in-market and manage product changes through to completion
- Train DAZN employees in new local markets on DAZN product capabilities
- Optimization of the DAZN product across web, mobile and TV platforms
- Support the analysis, identification and optimization of DAZN's global product, particularly in Latin America
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience as a digital product manager delivering features from start to finish in an Agile environment (min 1 year)
- Experience localizing product for markets with NALA
- Customer obsessed; knows how and where to look for customer feedback, to listen to customers and to ensure Product is optimized accordingly
- Data driven; enjoy analyzing data and knows what to look for
- Top notch stakeholder management and communication skills; written and verbal
- Solution-based & active mindset with a strong bias for action
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Experience delivering partnership solutions with Operators
- Experience with A/B and multi-variate testing
- Hands-on experience working with development teams; writing user stories and shipping product
- Experience writing simple business cases for product features
- Able to prioritize effectively and dynamically and manage consensus
- We welcome applications from graduates (Bachelor) of a STEM subject, or an equivalent background
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.