What's your new role about?
Are you a technology focused problem solver, and interested in driving the evolution of a Critical Incidents Technical Response Group? DAZN is live globally and we are determined to remain a leader in the streaming community. Are you ready to have your work impact millions daily and change the OTT landscape? Join DAZN Leeds as Incident Manager! You will have the opportunity to oversee Incident Management and will be the decision-maker and authority to direct the problem resolution path for fastest restoration for any service for the DAZN platform.
Service could be affected by real or potential interruptions and this could have an impact on the quality or availability of the service. You’ll manage the restoration to get the service back on the right path. When a major or critical incident occurs, you will activate the right technical resources will be activated, lead major Incident calls, determine the client impact, agree on actions and manage the communication channel to get the service restored.
You'll have the opportunity to manage business communication leaving the engineering teams focused on the return to service. This is a fast-paced, technical broadcast environment so you will cover shifts and after-hours follow up given the nature of sports events and the changes occurring 7x24, x365, especially across key points in the season.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community including enhanced parental leave, electric vehicle benefit option, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Incident Commander, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Technically lead all aspects of critical incidents (S1-S3) - determine SMEs needed, identify problem and release/de-escalate after diagnosis meeting SLA’s
- Focus on fastest service restoration/recovery – bridge, teams communication channels, sync-points for sub-tech teams leading investigations (including 3rd party vendors and DAZN engineering teams).
- Be responsible for the quality and integrity of Major Incident Management process - interface with Service Delivery Managers, Support teams, and DAZN Development/Engineering teams.
- Provide recommendations on troubleshooting and other technology improvements to quickly resolve incidents, ensuring infrastructure and application stability
- Partner with other Support, Dev and Engineering teams to resolve difficult or unique system issues that team members are not equipped to handle.
- Provide Technical support to team members to facilitate resolution or escalation of technical issue
- Identify failure points driving availability and accelerating mean-time-to-repair including architectures, design, process improvements, software disciplines, test, etc…
- Interact frequently with various stakeholders across the organization to prioritize backlog for availability as required.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience of Managing of Major Incidents, providing leadership to resolution and clear communications throughout
- Working knowledge of ITIL incident, problem, and change management components
- The ability to co-ordinate technical, incident and supplier side teams to ensure that all incidents are accurately prioritised and effectively managed
- Experience to identify early indications of major incidents not progressing well and get things back on track
- Ability to determine precise customer impacts on our incidents through analysis of CS, social, error codes, and playback failures
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Knowledge of KPIs that indicate performance and customer experience (eg re-buffering, video playback failures, video-start failures, capacity monitoring)
- Operations experience in a 24x7, x365 support model
- Knowledge of ticketing system – Service Now or JIRA
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures such as Enterprise Server Platforms and related IT architectures and equipment – specifically around cloud-based environments and distributed systems [Lambda is a plus!]
Even better if you have:
- Configuration Management (or IaC) – Puppet and or Ansible or Terraform
- Strong knowledge of OTT, devices, browsers, living room, mobile, web, CDNs, Platforms, E2E Architecture, Applications
- Demonstrated broadcast experience and understanding of broadcast systems/technologies
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.