What's your new role about?
Are you a world expert at managing the lifecycle of customers in the subscription economy? Are you passionate about watching sport? If so, we may have the perfect role for you.
DAZN is fast becoming the world’s leading sports platform, streaming the most exciting events on the planet, telling the incredible stories behind the sports and allowing fans to get closer to their favourite teams and stars.
We live to serve the sports fan – liberating them from the restrictions of legacy technology and business models – allowing them to enjoy their favourite sports whenever, wherever and however they want. All for one transparent and affordable price. And on a contract that they can cancel any time. This is sport on the fan’s terms.
We are growing at breakneck speed (even post-Covid) with millions of paying customers in 9 countries on 4 different continents. Our next goal is to become the world’s largest sports broadcaster and one of the biggest entertainment services on the planet.
But we know we have a lot to improve on to get there. And we know that growth really starts with keeping our existing customers engaged and retained. We are looking for a superstar marketer who is ready to help us devise and execute a world-class retention marketing programme that drives hundreds of millions of dollars of incremental bottom-line growth – by minimising churn, and maximising subscriber tenure and LTV.
You will devise data-driven approaches to:
- help users to onboard and get the most possible value out of our service
- drive more frequent and lengthy engagement with our content
- create more personalised, timely and value-adding relationships with our members
- devise what a loyalty programme looks like for a service like DAZN
- help turn our most loyal customers into our advocates
- help to figure out the right pricing, promotion and refund strategy that prevents customers from leaving when their team has been knocked out
- develop a customer-friendly approach to cross-selling and up-selling as we extend our range of services
If we are a football team, you are the star goalkeeper - saving the shots, marshalling the defence and kickstarting the counter-attacks.
You will sit as a senior member on our Global Subscription team - leading our worldwide Retention & Lifecycle Marketing function and driving our CRM, loyalty and customer success strategy in collaboration with local teams. You will work closely with our Data & Insights functions translating our predictive customer models into actionable tactics and bottom-line growth. You will collaborate with our Subscriber Performance and Analytics teams to adopt a permanent “test and learn” approach to growth and optimisation. You will work with our Product and Customer Care teams to ensure that we are creating the best possible user experiences and liaise with content and programming teams to offer what our subscribers want to see. And you will work with our largest distribution partners to provide recommendations and best practice to improve and optimise against churn.
This is a new role in the organisation with elevated seniority to match its critical importance. The candidate is likely to have substantial experience in the field of pay Television or consumer digital subscriptions and a demonstrable track record of delivering incremental bottom-line growth. They must share our vision and passion for the creating the future of sports.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Use this greenfield opportunity to define our subscriber retention and lifecycle marketing playbook. Become our star goalkeeper - your job is to ensure no one wants to leave us – ever. And we want the best.
- Find the smartest ways to turn early life customers into repeat, habitual users and ultimately advocates
- Use connected data from the thousands of touchpoints and channels in order to target and communicate with customers in the most relevant, timely and personalised manner
- Lead, coach and develop a centralised in-house CRM and retention marketing team that obsesses over a “test and learn” approach to the use of multi-channel communications (including Email, Push Notifications, in-App messages and retargeting media) to maximise engagement and help to scale & automate
- Work closely with the local CRM teams to ensure that they have the tools, knowledge and best practices to speak to their customers in a local voice
- Work with the Chief Subscription Officer to develop a Loyalty programme that overcomes the seasonal challenges of live sports and drives long term customer loyalty in exchange for increased value
- Work with the global Operations and Product teams to ensure best-in-class adoption of customer cancellation and customer care techniques that resolve issues and minimise churns
- Assess budget requirements, for global CRM, loyalty and Customer Success initiatives
- Engage closely with the Performance and Analytics team, to establish the right data tools for measuring the performance of our retention activities and then iteratively optimising its performance
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- +8 years’ experience in building loyalty and retention programmes with both a commercial and technical lens
- You’ll be experienced in consumer subscription businesses – ideally digital in nature
- You will have led medium sized teams ideally in multinational markets
- You bring first-hand experience of the development and implementation of a successful CRM strategy with back-end system knowledge ideally with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- You have proven experience in multi-channel marketing – Email, Push, SMS and web channels
- You will have built and run successful consumer loyalty programmes
- You will understand how to turn Customer Service into Customer Success and how to best retain subscribers via a combined human call centre and chat bot care service
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic and international environment
- Open-minded, flexible and have a positive attitude toward new challenges, with a willingness to learn, embrace new technologies and business change
- You’ll bring strong problem-solving skills, along with an ability to manage a varied workload, to tight deadlines
- Strong leadership experience, managing a global and diverse team whilst being to mentor and support a constantly evolving team
- Excellence in stakeholder management – at DAZN, you’ll work in a multinational matrix organisation
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in SVOD and OTT industries
- Department: Marketing, Retention
- Reports To (title): Chief Subscription Officer
- Career Level: 6
- Country and Location: London, Hammersmith
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.