What's your new role about?
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
DAZN are going to change the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no ads, no long contract and a single low monthly fee. As part of the DAZN tech team, you will play a lead role in this by designing and building world leading streaming services across web, mobile and TV platforms, working on new feature releases and evolving the next phase of application framework. As a Scrum Master at DAZN you will be responsible for supporting our software development Scrum teams to deliver their sprint commitments, removing blockers and coaching them to self-organize.
With a rapidly expanding company and being based out of our fast growing development centre in Amsterdam, growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We're looking for people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture where we deliver great products, collaborate to get things done in a fun, vibrant work workplace.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Organise and facilitate Scrum ceremonies (planning meetings, daily scrums, demo's and retrospectives).
- Track the progress of the Sprint on a daily basis in order to be able to take proactive measures ahead of time where required to help the team to achieve the sprint goal.
- Ensure the team are being as effective and productive as they can by protecting them from external distractions and actively removing impediments to their progression.
- Work with the Product Owner to prepare the scrum backlog.
- Be an active part of the Scrum Master community within DAZN and participate in continuous improvement within this discipline.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Have worked directly in the Software Development field for 2-5 years as either a Developer or Tester.
- Commercial experience as a Scrum Master, having a variety of tools in your 'toolbox' to effectively work with your teams
- Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance or scrum.org).
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with all Seniority levels
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Understanding of Agile & Lean principles.
- Experience of release level planning.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/