What's your new role about?
As a data scientist within Data Science & Insights, you will be part of an agile team with work managed through a Kanban board, and you will work on tasks related to all of the initiatives described above, across all business areas including Finance & Strategy, Programming, CRM, Marketing, Product & Technology, Media Operations.
Being the world’s largest and fastest growing sports streaming service, one of our greatest assets is the vast amount of behavioural and other data we have access to.
Data Science & Insights is committed to turning this data into a strategic advantage by using it to drive business decision making, through many initiatives.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Contributing to the data ingestion and transformation process by providing business interpretation and KPI definition
- Undertaking in depth data analysis to develop an understanding of drivers that affect critical business metrics (e.g. customer churn)
- Engaging with and presenting analysis and results to business stakeholders / working groups and feed into decision making processes
- Developing predictive models and analytics that are deployed in production environments and fed into business systems or visualisation front-ends
- Implementing an efficient and reliable data science and analytics pipeline in SQL, Python or R
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 6 months -3 years of applied analytics experience with demonstrated outcomes/decisions/optimisations
- Broad knowledge of analytics across functions (e.g. Marketing, Product, Commercial & Research)
- Consistent record of identifying and ingesting new data sources to improve analysis
- Ability to perform data mining and blending large datasets
- Working knowledge of modelling steps (exploration, feature engineering, supervised & unsupervised learning, model assessment & model deployment)
- Applied modelling techniques such as Regression (Logistic/Linear), Decision Trees (CART/CHIAD/RandomForest) & Clustering (kmeans) to draw actionable insight from data
- Experience with tools similar to Alteryx, KNIME, Dataiku or SSIS is preferable
- Confidence with SQL, Python or R, and visualisation tools (such as Tableau)
- A minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a STEM subject.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Previous history working as a functional data analyst (e.g. Finance or Marketing data analyst)
- A strong interest in Sports, both as a fan and as an industry.
- Department: Data and Insights
- Internal Job Title: Data Scientist
- Reports To (title): Lead Data Scientist
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Hammersmith, London
- Hours of Work: Mon-Fri (09:00-17:30) (37.5)
- Line Management Responsibility: No
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.