What's your new role about?
The ideal candidate has operated in complex OTT or digital broadcast businesses, is focused on sales enablement, has managed small teams, and has delivered successful results in a solutions-first environment. This is a key operational appointment reporting into the Head of Ad Delivery based in London.
As our new Ad Delivery Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Responsible for the delivery of all ad ops campaigns, including but not limited to quality control, trafficking, troubleshooting, reporting, optimization, capacity planning and management and accurate billing.
- Management of Japanese Ad Operations team, based in Tokyo
- Ensuring good relationships with internal global sales, compliance, editorial, technology and product departments including development of ad operations SLA and issue resolution and escalation processes.
- Act as departmental point of escalation for troubleshooting campaigns and provide technical support to external and internal clients to resolve any issues and develop a plan for the prevention of the same issues.
- Ensure the Ad Ops team maintains strong capacity planning capabilities and provides the Leadership Team with up-to-date regular analysis and forecasting.
- Achieve and maintain low error rates and put in place measures to prevent future errors.
- Continually work to improve working practices to ensure efficient trafficking and best in class delivery.
- Ensure that campaigns are launched on time, that campaign performance is adequately monitored, and any performance issues are communicated to the Sales team in a timely manner.
- Manage the operational implementation of new ad products, in partnership with Product Innovation team, including designing and implementing test environments, allocating resources, identifying and resolving resource challenges and ensuring that new products only go live with appropriate delivery capabilities in place.
- Liaise with teams responsible for Inventory & Yield Management, Planning and Business Intelligence to ensure open flow of information and data to better understand performance, optimize campaigns, manage resources accordingly, and to achieve Yield targets.
- Work with Ad Technology team to structure technical support requirements and meet needs of global teams as landscape develops.
- Frequently review tools used by Ad Operations team to maximize performance and make recommendations for change with supporting business plans and budgets.
- Bring ‘can do’ attitude to the team, provide support, outline career progression paths, create structure within the team that builds motivation and encourages ideation.
- Keep on top of industry trends in online advertising and ad operations including attendance management of industry events attendance by the Ad Operations team and set clear expectations around ROI.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience and at least 3+ years building and managing an Ad Operations team in a digital or OTT environments
- A proven and respected industry Ad Operations lead with a strong digital or broadcast pedigree.
- Deep understanding of the digital advertising eco-system, including deep knowledge of video and programmatic landscapes.
- Excellent industry contact list.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex and technical issues to variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Expert with leading ad servers including Google Ad Manager and strong industry knowledge of Ad Operations environment.
- Experience with order management tools like Salesforce and analytical tools.
- Proven ability to grow teams, manage capacity planning.
- Experience of overseeing traffickers and managing technically-led Ad Operations team in order to maximise efficiencies and reduce response times.
- Knowledge of programmatic and commercial SSPs as well as DMP platforms.
- Knowledge of audience and data-based sales as well as knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a motivator.
- Fluent Japanese and English language proficiency, both written and spoken
Even better if you have:
- Passion for Sports
- Broadcaster/OTT experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of global Ad Operations markets including DAZN hub office locations useful.
- Educated to university degree level
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.