What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
If you like solving technical problems, this is the place to be. Our tech works seamlessly, 24/7, and is cutting-edge, scalable and resilient. Our people are dedicated, flexible and fast-moving, rising to every challenge that streaming to a global audience of fans brings. We make learning a fundamental part of the job. Our industry-leading experts continually share their expertise with their colleagues and the wider industry. We host lightning talks, brown bag sessions, hackathons and more, and you’ll see our people speaking at conferences and events around the world. We’re an active part of the technology community, and put a strong focus on innovation. Lateral thinking and innovation aren’t just encouraged here. They’re essential.
Please note: on this role you can either work in our office in Katowice or remotely, if you are based in Poland and have full eligibility to work.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Implement new features with unit and automated tests & support existing features
- Drive features starting from ideation phase until delivery and live monitoring
- Work outside of a single scrum team to ensure we deliver the best possible product
- Take care of the health of the codebase
- Build a large app according to the Android-SDK standards (multiple Gradle modules)
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Ability to work with other developers to understand requirements and designs and implement Android application in Kotlin
- RxJava or alternative multithreading libraries
- Experience with writing unit (JUnit) and automated (Espresso + UIAutomator) tests
- Staying up to date with the Android SDK changes and trends
- Willingness to experiment and adapt to the needs of millions of our users
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience from other large scale products and adapting them to our needs
- Gradle or alternative build systems
- JSON/Restful services
- Familiarity with build automation and CI
- Development opportunities (knowledge sharing, mentorship programme, online Learning Zone and others)
- Private medical and dental cover (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life insurance
- MyBenefit platform (thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Flexible working arrangements, 1-hour lunch break incl. in working day
- Wellbeing initiatives
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
- For more information on our perks and benefits please visit our Careers page.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.