What's your new role about?
What’s better than writing a code that reaches millions of users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind. In 2020 we went global multiplying our engineering challenges. To support our global takeover as the leading sports OTT platform, we are looking for new Android Software Engineers.
We work at one of the few frontend platforms the DAZN users are facing every day- the native Android app. We introduce the new features used by millions of people every week. We also maintain and extend the existing functionalities so that they are handy to our users. We put our app’s quality as one of the primary objectives. Anything we do is measured in terms of final user impact.
We have currently 4 Mobile Teams: Android, iOS, and Cross-platform teams, and plan to build another one in the nearest future. Mobile Teams are typically made up of 4-6 experienced engineers and 2 automation QAs. We have Product Owners and Engineering Managers located in Poland. Our goal is to make the Mobile department even stronger and bigger so we are looking for new Android Developers to join our teams.
Tech stack: fully native application written in Kotlin, RxJava, ExoPlayer, JUnit, Espresso and more.
This role can be based in Katowice or you can work remotely from anywhere in Poland. The internal job title is Software Engineer.
As our new Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Implement new features with unit and automated tests & support existing features
- Drive features starting from ideation phase until delivery and live monitoring
- Work outside of a single scrum team to ensure we deliver the best possible product
- Take care of the health of the codebase
- Build a large app according to the Android-SDK standards (multiple Gradle modules)
- Drive product features starting from the ideation phase until delivery and live monitoring
- Design and deliver tools used by other teams
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- The ability to work with other developers to understand requirements and designs and implement Android applications in Kotlin
- Knowledge of RxJava or alternative multithreading libraries
- Experience with writing unit (JUnit) and automated (Espresso + UIAutomator) tests
- Knowledge of the newest Android SDK changes and trends
- Willingness to experiment and adapt to the needs of millions of our users
- Knowledge of English and Polish languages - minimum B2
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of Gradle or alternative build systems
- Knowledge of JSON/Restful services
- Knowledge of monitoring, remote config and experimentation tools
- Ability to analyze features’ impact on other features and teams
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN streaming service
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Employee Assistance Program (psychological, managerial, legal and financial counselling)
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.