What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
If you like solving technical problems, this is the place to be. Our tech works seamlessly, 24/7, and is cutting-edge, scalable and resilient. Our people are dedicated, flexible and fast-moving, rising to every challenge that streaming to a global audience of fans brings. We make learning a fundamental part of the job. Our industry-leading experts continually share their expertise with their colleagues and the wider industry. We host lightning talks, brown bag sessions, hackathons and more, and you’ll see our people speaking at conferences and events around the world. We’re an active part of the technology community, and put a strong focus on innovation.
Mobile Team is typically made up of around 4-6 engineers and 2 QAs. We have a Product Owner, Scrum Master, and an Engineering Manager in Poland. We work at one of the few frontend platforms the DAZN users are facing every day- the native Android app. We introduce the new features used by millions of people every week. We also maintain and extend the existing functionalities so that they are handy to our users. We put our app’s quality as one of the primary objectives. Anything we do is measured in terms of final user impact.
This role can be based in Katowice or you can work remotely from anywhere in Poland.
As our new Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Implement new features with unit and automated tests & support existing features
- Drive features starting from ideation phase until delivery and live monitoring
- Work outside of a single scrum team to ensure we deliver the best possible product
- Take care of the health of the codebase
- Build a large app according to the Android-SDK standards (multiple Gradle modules)
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- The ability to work with other developers to understand requirements and designs and implement Android applications in Kotlin
- Knowledge of RxJava or alternative multithreading libraries
- Experience with writing unit (JUnit) and automated (Espresso + UIAutomator) tests
- Knowledge of the newest Android SDK changes and trends
- Willingness to experiment and adapt to the needs of millions of our users
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of Gradle or alternative build systems
- Knowledge of JSON/Restful services
- Knowledge of CI
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.