What's your new role about?
DAZN is constantly changing the game, with significant and continued business growth. To support this growth, you as our new Senior Manager, Financial Controls and Transformation will be responsible for ensuring first class financial controls in DAZN’s Finance Function and have a real impact on DAZNs future success with direct exposure to working with our CFO.
Having ultimate responsibility for strengthening internal finance controls, you will have direct oversight over the operational effectiveness and implementation of critical financial processes and the ability to make lasting and material changes to the financial control framework.
You will get to lead your team to document financial controls, perform control assessments and produce reports to increase DAZN’s understanding of its risk and control environment. You will be required to report on the results of your work and achieve Finance and Divisional buy-in to your improvement recommendations. With a view on continuous improvement, you will inspire teams to challenge themselves and their current ways of work to achieve higher standards.
During your career to date, you will have had experience in recommending and implementing financial control improvements, preferably with an external or internal audit background with ideally exposure working In-house in a head office, finance operations or controllership role.
You will have previously recommended and overseen financial controls implementation and demonstrated the ability to improve and streamline processes and controls. As an excellent communicator, you will be able to leverage relationships across the Finance Function and wider business to concisely explain complex business issues, control weaknesses and gaps and project manage specific engagements such as new revenue streams (e.g. betting) to tight deadlines.
You will be part of the newly developed Financial Controls and Governance team which consists of a Compliance and Governance Branch and a Financial Control and Transformation Branch, reporting into a highly experienced VP. The team’s objectives are of critical importance to the Group’s CFO and the team will be seen as a key enabler in helping DAZN reach its long-term strategic objectives. Existing team members pride themselves on being effective business partners, developing strong and genial relationships but also able to deliver sometimes challenging messages.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Senior Finance Manager, Financial Controls and Transformation you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Ensure that financial controls are operating effectively across Finance including the Group’s Shared Service Centre.
- Instil a culture of continuous improvement by providing training, oversight of control implementation and being a specialist point of contact for queries on financial control processes.
- Scope and identify risk areas in the Finance Function and other supporting functions.
- Assess the Finance Function’s control environment maturity including the adequacy of reporting structures, finance systems and tools, skills, experience and appropriate review and segregation of duties.
- Identify inefficiencies, control gaps and opportunities for improvement, and produce insightful reports to senior management.
- Direct teams and resources to remediate control weakness and implement approved control improvement opportunities and where possible enhanced automation.
- Integrate new acquisitions into the DAZN Financial Control framework.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Full qualifications as an accountant (ACA or equivalent), being 5+ years PQE with big four experience (e.g. in an audit division), working in a managerial role
- Experience of financial controllership or financial operations in a multi-national business
- Experience in producing insightful reports on controls for senior management
- Experience in integrating and implementing other parts of the business or new acquisitions into the Group’s financial framework
- Demonstrated examples of optimising the use of finance systems, ERPs and achieving finance efficiencies
- Experience of working in, or with, either an online subscription (or highly transactional), media, tech, or sports business
Even better if you have:
- Exposure to IT audit or other audit work where Finance is not the core subject matter
- Experience with Oracle Fusion
- Experience with the Zuora Revenue System
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.