What's your new role about?
Have you heard of DAZN (pronounced "da-zone") before? We are one of the fastest growing video streaming services globally and are due to launch in 200 countries (from 8) in December this year! Due to our rapid growth and success, we are building a new global central support function in Leeds who will act as a single point of contact for technical monitoring, communication, and triage, in a new state-of the art support centre focussed on incident prevention, impact analysis and lightening quick incident notifications.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Implement, train & manage a Global 24x7 DSC (DAZN Support Centre) team of support specialists
- Ensure that the DAZN OTT platform and product is available 24x7x365 to our customers
- Build co-located monitoring and triage team for teams across various geographies, specifically across UK, & India to deliver seamless 24x7 Support
- Accountable for the delivery of 1st line team of technical support specialists ensuring high levels of performance and availability that meet agreed SLAs, including the management of dedicated support resource
- Day-to-day management of First line technical support desk
- Maintain ongoing communication of incident updates to internal stakeholders provided by engineering teams
- Train, coach, and mentor Support specialists including career development
- Plan and execute support strategies, particular for live streaming to avoid outages
- Work closely with Incident Commander team and automate, model support processes to ensure that incidents are detected, escalated as quickly as possible to right engineering team to reduce MTTA and MTTR across all incidents affecting DAZN OTT (Over the Top) product
- Build strong internal and external relationships with operational and technical teams and third parties
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Leading and managing a 1st line technical monitoring and triage team of support specialists
- Have a good broad technical understanding of monitoring tools and Knowledge and exposure with distributed systems across hyper-scale, AWS Cloud-based environments like Lambda, ECS
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills, while under pressure
- Working knowledge of ITIL incident, problem, and change management components.
- Demonstrated broadcast experience and understanding of broadcast systems/technologies.
- Hands on experience of working with Service Management tools like Service Now
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; with a special focus on customer/client level interaction
- Ability to balance competing demands for resources and adapt to changing priorities
- Hands on experience in working with monitoring/Logging tools like Check Mk or Nagios or Pager Duty or Datadog or New Relic or ELK or Conviva similar
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures such as Enterprise Server Platforms and related IT architectures and equipment
- Knowledge and exposure with distributed systems across hyper-scale, AWS Cloud-based environments like Lambda, ECS
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- ITIL Certification
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git etc
- Knowledge of confluence/ JIRA
- Knowledge of Configuration Management – Puppet and or Ansible or Terraform
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.