What's your new role about?
As a finance analyst, do you enjoy being involved in a fast-moving, commercial environment? How about being part of a team working towards the scale up of a sports media business in one of our newest territories?
In this newly created role, you will support the development of processes and systems that deliver the correct data and financial and management information to internal and external stakeholders. This is primarily to drive partner reporting, support new business initiatives and accurate decision-making across the business.
You will develop an in depth understanding of how product and payment configuration impacts numerous systems and processes that, eventually, output data and financial and management information.
You will partner with the local Commercial Finance team whilst working closely with teams across the business; your consultative approach will enable you to be highly analytical / process / controlled orientated.
With prioritisation skills to enable you to work smartly, keep track of progress and deliver the highest quality service across the business.
You’ll enjoy learning quickly, juggling multiple requests at once and be keen to get up to speed with new payment methods, new markets and product initiatives.
We’d be grateful if you would please send your CV and any supporting documents in English – many thanks!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Ensure BAU processes are fully documented to understand potential revenue risks and provide oversight ensuring the necessary controls are in place; to mitigate risk and identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Support local business initiatives; defining Finance business requirements and transition of processes into BAU working closely with the local Commercial Finance team, Central Finance and Revenue teams
- Support the Commercial Finance & Reporting Teams with local partner reporting; providing ongoing analysis to ensure accuracy and confidence in the data
- Participate in various local project initiatives focused on optimising the existing workflow, quality and efficiency
- Support increase in scale of DAZN back end systems, payment partners, platforms and reporting systems
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business experience with ideally with a background within a financial controls/payments/accounting related area
- Educated to degree level in finance, accounting or related business area
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Languages – English, fluent written & verbal & Spanish, working business knowledge
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience of working with Finance teams across a global location
- Proven ability to conduct detailed analysis using large data sets
- The desire and ability to innovate and to tackle challenges positively and creatively
- Highly organised individual with excellent attention to detail
- Experience working with the systems Salesforce, Tableau and / or Zuora
SPAIN BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
- Department: DAZN Finance
- Internal Job Title: Spain Finance Operations Analyst
- Reports To (title): EMEA Finance Operations Manager
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Madrid, Spain
- Hours of Work: 40h
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in eight territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Italy, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, US, Canada and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com