What's your new role about?
Due to the continued growth of the business, we are looking for a Financial Services Manager to be responsible for the largest cost base – Live Streaming Rights & Original Content – and the Broadcast Partnerships division.
As a Financial Services Manager at DAZN, you will be a leader of two separate teams, responsible for general ledger accounting and the reporting of monthly management results together with adequate commentary to various stakeholders across the Finance function.
You will manage your teams ensuring timely completion of all month-end tasks and assuring compliance with DAZN accounting and internal control policy. You will perform a final review of working files and reconciliation of balance sheet and P&L accounts. You will work closely with finance analysts based in the UK and across DAZN markets to respond to questions and solve identified issues. You will be liaising with external auditors during the annual audit of the Group financial statements.
You will manage a team of 8 accountants reporting to 2 GL Team Leaders initially with the scope to grow the team going forwards to meet business requirements. You will have your direct line reporting to the Head of Finance located in Katowice who will support you in your work. On a daily basis, you will be cooperating with commercial finance and Group management reporting teams.
This role will be based in Katowice.
As our new Financial Services Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be a leader and ultimate general ledger owner responsible for the largest cost base in DAZN – Live Rights & Original Content – and separately the Broadcast Partnerships division
- Supervise daily tasks and deliverables of the team and support their personal development
- Assess, advise and apply appropriate accounting treatment of new deals according to relevant international accounting standards
- Ensure compliance with internal controls framework (SOX) and DAZN accounting policy
- Deliver management account packs and provide commentary on variances between budgets and forecasts
- Work closely with financial analysts and the Group finance team in delivering financial forecasts
- Take responsibility for delivering and reviewing the Group management balance sheet and suggesting improvements and adjustments to statutory reporting
- Act as finance business partner regarding corporate development such as business mergers, acquisitions, and disposals
- Act as project manager during internal reorganisations including setting up the teams, processes, and controls
- Direct communication and coordination of queries and requests with external auditors
- Support finance stakeholders with the development and implementation of the new rights management tool
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience working in an SSC organization or working for global stakeholders
- Experience in leading, motivating, and coaching teams
- Proven knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS)
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English (C1)
- Strong Excel skills
- Attention to detail and ability to derive and analyse information from various sources
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks at once
Even better if you have:
- Experience in implementing new systems/solutions or business process improvements
- Experience working in General Ledger department
- Knowledge of Oracle
- Knowledge of SOX
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN OTT service
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increased by 3 days, after 3 years of tenure
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.