What's your new role about?
DAZN SRE is a multi-territory team of squads designed to help DAZN define and achieve its reliability goals. We work tirelessly with teams across the organisation to do this. We own self-built tools to ship, analyse, measure, display, and react to data generated by our people and our services which keep DAZN running smoothly.
Our backlog exists in Jira. We write code to solve problems constantly, mostly in React and Golang, store it in Github and use Github Actions to deploy it to AWS. We secure secrets with Hashicorp Vault, use New Relic as an observability platform and send alerts to people with PagerDuty.
- You understand ‘build-run-own’ in a microservices world.
- You know when to go alone, and when to go together.
- You know what reliability means, and how to measure it.
- You can write, critique and improve code.
- You can understand success, and learn from failure.
What will you be doing?
- You will enable DAZN teams to achieve their reliability goals using the tools we’ve built, and you will help improve those tools
- You will enable DAZN teams to achieve their reliability using good practices, post incident reviews, performance testing, machine learning and manifests.
- You will be coding every day, in Golang or React, secured by Hashicorp Vault and deployed via Github Actions to AWS in up to 3 environments, in up to 3 regions
- You will be part of a scrum team, who succeed or fail together
- You will have time to innovate, learn, blog, present and meet others.
Here's a little more about us…
We're agile, scrum-led, and very friendly people who love to work together to achieve great things. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy, why not come and join us?
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.