What's your new role about?
DAZN is a global sports streaming service that is changing the way the world watches live sports. We are seeking an experienced Android & iOS Engineering Manager to join our team and help us continue to innovate and deliver world-class products to our users.
As an Android & iOS Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers to deliver high-quality software products that meet the needs of our users. You will work closely with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for your team.
As our new Architect, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Manage a team of Android & iOS engineers, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and career development.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for your team.
- Define and maintain engineering best practices and processes for the Android & iOS teams.
- Ensure that the software products delivered by your team meet high standards of quality, performance, and scalability.
- Work closely with other engineering managers and leaders to align engineering efforts across the organization.
- Continuously improve the processes and tools used by the Android & iOS teams to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and technologies and identify opportunities to apply them to the DAZN platform.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in software development, with a focus on Android and/or iOS platforms.
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing teams of software engineers.
- Strong working knowledge of Android development in Kotlin, Knowledge of RxJava or alternative multithreading libraries, experience with writing unit (JUnit) and automated (Espresso + UIAutomator) tests
- Strong knowledge of IOS Development using Objective-C/Swift, IOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation etc.
- Strong command over Apple’s design principles, Interface guidelines, platform's advantages & limitations.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality software products on schedule and within budget.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and processes.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with video streaming technologies.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud computing platforms.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes.
- Knowledge of React Native.
Additionally, the tech stack is constantly evolving, so engineers at DAZN will need to stay up to date with new technologies and tools as they emerge. If you are passionate about sports and technology and want to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we want to hear from you. Apply today to join our team and help shape the future of sports streaming.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, our content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.