What's your new role about?
Are you ready to use your engineering and technical skills to be part of building our next generation global broadcast platform for live sports?
Join DAZN’s global engineering team where you will have the opportunity to get involved in and influence our global broadcast systems implementations. In your dynamic role, you will get stuck into a variety of projects including identifying technology solutions, testing and implementing new technical systems, and supporting projects through to go live.
If you share our passion for new and upcoming technologies for live television and are interested in using your skills and knowledge to deliver projects to a high standard, then you will be right at home in our broadcast engineering team! You’ll be working on high profile technical projects such as transition to cloud services and development of custom orchestrations.
If this sounds like a challenge you would love to get involved in, then we would love to hear from you!
The broadcast systems engineering team at DAZN reports to our broadcast engineering manager and is split across our London and Leeds offices. Although primarily office hours based, the team may need to work outside of these patterns as required by projects. This is however balanced by more flexibility than would be found in a normal shift-based role. Hard work has great payoffs in this role as you will get to see your work and ideas become a vital part of the DAZN infrastructure.
This role can be aligned to our London or Leeds office in the UK.
Benefits will depend on your location but will include access to DAZN,an annual performance related bonus, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Broadcast Systems Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Design and configuration of systems to meet project requirements.
- Working with other teams to test solutions and new workflows.
- System acceptance test planning and execution.
- Documentation and wargaming on systems you create.
- Be directly involved in our migration to cloud environments and automation.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Confident and accurate written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge and experience of broadcast standards, concepts and implementation.
- Experience of IP video on multicast networks – including error protection and IPTS structure.
- Experience configuring cloud-based services for media – for example, AWS, Azure.
Even better if you have:
- Deep knowledge of network switching and routing.
- Experience with technical change control processes.
- Effective communication with business stakeholders.
- Previous experience developing for the broadcast environment.
- Experience with IP OTT headend and encoding.
- Practice with architecting resilient cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience configuring or developing automation/orchestrations systems.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.