What's your new role about?
Are you currently a developer or a SDET and you would like to move to a people manager role? Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis? Would you like to be a part of a team that is responsible for millions of dollars of user payments?
In this role you will manage a team of best-in-class engineers responsible for building our DAZN mobile application. You will also help them shape the features they work on and represent them during many stages of our software development lifecycle.
Your 8 direct reports are a group of seasoned, talented engineers: Android developers, iOS developers and SDETs. This cross-platform team is very welcoming and very capable. The team have been working together for over three years, focusing on initiatives requiring cooperation with multiple other teams located in DAZN’s offices around the world.
You will be supported by a leadership team comprised of Engineering Managers, Product Managers and Agile Coaches who work together ensure everything is running as smoothly as it can.
This role is based in Katowice. We support a remote working model but if you’d like to work from the office – you are more than welcome.
As our new Team Leader, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Lead a mobile, cross-platform, international team of 8
- Coordinate with various technical stakeholders that span across the systems breadth and depth
- Optimise the development process and delivery to achieve the best outcome for the business
- Support and grow your teams’ skills beyond their current remit
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers to support modern software development practices and advance a great engineering culture
- Contribute to the technical strategy in this area and collaborate with key stakeholders to influence the product outcome.
- Code or test hands-on with your team
You’ll be set up for success if:
- You have a technical background with hands-on experience as a software engineer or SDET
- You'd like to learn how to manage a team in an Agile environment (we will support you!)
- You're an excellent communicator, you’re good at listening, giving and receiving feedback
- You're a hard worker, but you also like to have fun with your team
- You're able to work autonomously or collaboratively (as needs require) in a larger program of work
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge and experience working with iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in collaborating with stakeholders and clarifying technical requirements
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN streaming service
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Employee Assistance Program (psychological, managerial, legal and financial counselling)
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.