What's your new role about?
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ABOUT?
We’re looking for a Research Executive who can provide research support and insights to marketing teams both centrally and locally.
You’ll need to understand our audiences, market landscape, sports and OTT trends. We are looking for a smart and dedicated self-starter to join a team of sport fans. We need a motivated Research Executive who loves consumer research, digging into data and wants to work in a fast-paced and exciting workplace.
The Research Executive role sits within the Insights and Analytics team which is part of the broader Marketing team at DAZN. Your main job will be to help run a huge weekly global Brand Tracker, report findings to senior stakeholders, and manage all ad-hoc requests regarding the Brand Tracker KPIs and results. But you will also be able to get involved in lots of other research projects, from qual focus groups, to creative development testing, to writing and scripting quant surveys and turning around the insights as quickly as you can.
You will have to get involved in strategy challenges, desk research and have a head for numbers and a heart for people. We work closely and at a fast pace at DAZN, so you’ll be excited, proactive, and able to constructively challenge as well as be a strong team player.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage the Global Brand Tracker and a wide range of research analysis requests (e.g. KPI trends, audience profiling, competitor activity, creative ad testing)
- Liaise with local teams in disseminating and packaging information to internal stakeholders .
- Help manage a wide range of research analysis requests (e.g. sports consumption trends, audience sizing and profiling, competitor activity, media and marketing trends) .
- Identify areas of improvement of research output and information needs.
- Work with external suppliers and internal data teams to ensure that research data is integrated within database and data analysis software.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience in market research industry 1-3 years, e.g. exposure and previous experience in data analysis and data processing techniques, exposure to qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (such as questionnaire design, sampling, discussion guides).
- Bachelor’s degree Analytical/numerical capabilities are essential, and high level use of Microsoft Office products, in particular Microsoft Excel Passion and curiosity for audiences and sports fans, TV and online businesses, emerging platforms and global media developments .
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Interest in sports and the media/OTT landscape Statistical software, crosstab tools and data analysis methodologies (e.g. Q software, Tableau).
- Exposure to media and marketing intelligence sources (e.g. GWI).
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Title: Research Executive
- Department: Marketing Internal
- Job Title: Research Executive
- Reports To (title): Senior Research Manager / Head of Research / VP Analytics & Insight Career
- Level: CL 2
- Country and Location: Hammersmith, London
- Hours of Work: Mon – Fri 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.