What's your new role about?
Do you have extensive experience as editor of a sports app and/or website? Can you exhibit a strong interest in Boxing and Football? Have you got a flair for creating a headline that sells and for identifying that attention-grabbing image a user can't ignore?
If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
As Chief Editor for DAZN’s US, RoW and Canada territories, you’ll work across a range of key rights, including Women’s Champions League, Boxing, the Premier League, Champions League, NFL and more.
You will lead the DAZN editorial team, working with live and non-live video content to engage subscribers on a daily basis. You will have the opportunity to ensure DAZN content is exceptionally merchandised on-platform (the DAZN app), using A-class images, headlines, narratives and segments to give users a first-class experience. You will make data-led decisions and plan the ordering of content to give users what they want.
You will also be responsible for ensuring all live events are programmed on the DAZN platform.
You will report to the VP- Customer Engagement, and will have approx. 3 direct reports as well as a programming/editorial team of 10+ people.
Crucially, your vision and ideas will dictate:
-The look and feel of the DAZN App
-The success of individual pieces of content
-Editorial strategies around major events
-Customer retention strategies
This role is based in Leeds with the option for some flexible remote working. Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), potential annual bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
As our new Chief Editor, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Set the editorial agenda for Canada, US and Rest of World platforms
- Take overall responsibility for publication of live events and non-live content
- Make daily homepage layout plans to hit several key audiences
- Select headlines, clips and narratives that sell DAZN content
- Oversee an editorial department of 10+ full-time staff
- Develop promotion and retention strategies for upcoming events
- Commission short-form non-live video content for key rights (in particular, Premier League in Canada)
- Work closely with Production, Creative, Social Media, CRM, PR, and Marketing teams
- Be a go-to platform contact for teams worldwide
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Strong knowledge and passion for boxing and football
- Experience of planning page layouts and fine attention to detail
- Strong understanding of OTT platforms
- Editorial nous, and finger on the pulse of latest sports stories
- Firm understanding of how to engage a sports fan
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience presenting to senior business leads
- Ability to interpret data and formulate data-led decisions
- The ability to effectively coordinate across multiple teams
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of NFL
- Knowledge of video production process
- Ability to present strategies via Powerpoint and/or Keynote
- Copywriting skills
- Ability to write/edit in both North American and British English
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.