What's your new role about?
Are you an experienced editor with a passion for boxing and football? Want to help change sports content forever? DAZN may be the place for you!
Be part of a sports revolution by joining us at DAZN. We are changing how people watch sports by cutting the TV cord and going straight to you on any device, at any time.
The Deputy Chief Editor will join our platform editorial team, which publishes all content and lays out the app which our subscribers see across the UK, US, Canada and over 200 global markets.
This new role will carry responsibility for editorially curating DAZN’s content, setting and executing layouts for each day which showcase our most relevant content.
This role is based in Leeds, with a combination of in-office and remote working. Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family-friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunities for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Deputy Chief Editor, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Engage a boxing audience worldwide, plus a Premier League and NFL audience in Canada, by editorially merchandising content on the DAZN app
- Ensure every piece of content is editorially hooked in the best way possible
- Help plan and execute the homepage layout, and take overall responsibility for the layout of individual sport/competition/team pages
- Write short-form promotional copy
- Help set the agenda of our Premier League video content by contributing ideas and writing scripts
- Editorially select interviews and segments to extract from daily boxing and football shows
- When required, sub-edit written content and write attractive headlines
- Represent the on-platform team to the wider business
You’ll be set up for success if:
- You can watch an interview and pick out the killer headline every time. You know what lines sports fans will click on.
- You can plan ahead, picking out key storylines for upcoming fixtures and fight nights.
- You have management experience.
- You are a boxing aficionado. You know the title picture of every division. You know the rising stars of Matchroom and Golden Boy.
- You also know your football, in particular the Premier League.
- You have extremely strong attention to detail. You can pick out errors. Nothing escapes your eye.
- You are a confident communicator.
Even better if you have:
- An interest in NFL
- A knowledge of the OTT/sports broadcasting landscape
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.