What's your new role about?
Are you a motivated learner who is able to take on challenges and is keen to get involved with Germany’s most exciting sports streaming service? We have already changed the way fans consume sport. DAZN broadcasts Germany’s leading sports content, including Bundesliga, Champions League, NFL, La Liga, Handball, Darts and much more.
We have an exciting opportunity for a commercial and passionate individual with a love for digital media and financial KPIs. You’ll assist your team in interpreting financial results of business KPIs to drive business performance and maximise commercial opportunities across our subscription business with a focus on improving existing processes. Your broad remit will include budgeting and reporting to regional and global stakeholders, driving business performance and maximising return on assets and providing an influential service to your business partners to help them become more KPI driven.
You will be reporting to the Finance Analyst, working closely with him and the Senior Finance Manager on the most relevant business topics. We are a small, highly motivated and hands-on team responsible for the full P&L from revenues to costs.
This role will be based in Munich.
Please note, our Talent Acquisition team and some Hiring teams are based in the UK so parts of the recruitment process will be in English. Please also upload your resume in English, thanks!
As our new Intern (m/f/d), you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Prepare weekly trading reports to the local and global DAZN leadership with the most important KPIs, in collaboration with the CRM and Acquisition leads
- Assist in the preparation of month end close and help with analyses of financial results, cooperating with the Finance SSC
- Support in business partnering, especially with our Marketing team (e.g. in creating purchasing orders or conducting cost analysis)
- Be part of the annual Budgeting / Re-forecasting process (e.g.providing data points through Looker, collecting input from the business, preparing overviews for review meetings)
- Maintain and continuously improve/automate our data base with the help of BI
- Support the Finance Analyst, Senior Finance Manager and VP Finance with preparing board and management presentations and tackling ad hoc tasks
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Current university studies, ideally in a management / finance related degree program and have completed at least the third semester
- Foundational understanding of finance with experience in working with Microsoft Excel
- Proactive mindset with high interest in learning new things and willing to take on challenges
- Fluent English and German to communicate with a variety of international teams
Even better if you have:
- Attention to detail and an independent work ethic
- Experience working with business intelligence/analytics software e.g.Oracle/Tableau/Looker
- Previous experience in a tech, media/telco or sports environment
- Experience in financial planning and financial reporting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.