What's your new role about?
This role will predominately be assisting the playout operational team in the delivery of live sports content to consumers on multiple platforms. You must be passionate about broadcast, IP based media technology and working in live television. You also will be able to demonstrate previous knowledge or experience of streaming media technology, broadcast systems, contribution & distribution encoding technology and understanding of satellite and fibre contributions.
The role will be suited for Network Engineers looking to build upon their skills in an environment heavily focused on video broadcast or broadcast engineers wanting to improve their knowledge of IP delivered video. Building on experience in this role can provide future progression opportunities within the wider engineering department.
As part of a fast-growing company we would like you to have a hands-on approach to all elements of the work and will want to be part of an enthusiastic team that are constantly striving to improve and develop both individually and as a company. The Transmission Support engineers will deal with broadcast IP signal distribution to clients, ensure quality and continuity of the service across multiple channels. The transmission support engineers will act as first line support for equipment and proactively troubleshoot issues and escalate to other teams as required.
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Monitoring of the transmission playout systems and associated systems.
- Manage and monitor live broadcast IP feeds.
- Monitoring and trouble shooting of channel outputs to CDN partners
- Liaison with ingest, MCR, encoding and 2nd line support teams.
- Provide regular maintenance of broadcast playout and related production equipment.
- Monitoring the live encoding and video transcoding equipment for file ingest into the playout equipment.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- You will be able to demonstrate experience as an engineer in an IT/Media based environment.
- Windows server support and networking knowledge.
- Knowledge of broadcast playout systems including GFX, logo and text insertion.
- Broadcast contribution encoding techniques and high level fault analysis.
- Experience in management of IP transport stream contribution (Multicast, Unicast Networks).
- Awareness of current OTT encoding technologies.
- A solid background in satellite and fibre contribution signals.
- Understanding of various tools (Dataminer, ScheduAll, Transport Stream analysis tools).
IT'D BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Coding and software development experience.
- Knowledge of ‘Glue’ Infrastructure.
- A working background with Cloud and virtualisation technologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems.
- Understanding of network technologies i.e. Switches, Routers.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work to indulge your passion for Broadcast Media. We are at the cutting edge of streaming technology, allowing us to deliver sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that is pushing the boundaries of Broadcast. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work that they produce. If you like solving technical problems and being part of new and complex ideas then this is the place to be. We have a Broadcast community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com