What's your new role about?
DAZN Are you a social media specialist? Want to help change sports content forever? Love boxing and all types of football? DAZN may be the place for you!
Be part of a sports revolution by joining us at DAZN.
We are changing how people watch sports by cutting the TV cord and going straight to you on any device, at any time.
We do live matches, documentaries, shows and interviews – and social media is a crucial part of our family.
DAZN social media is on the frontline of talking to fans and athletes. This job supports our English-language apps. In most of the world – including the US – it covers our world-class boxing broadcast and the UEFA Women's Champions League in soccer; in Canada we are the home of NFL and European soccer – including UEFA Champions League, English Premier League, and Italy’s Serie A – plus WTA tennis and other sports. And that won’t be the end of it, with more sports and leagues coming soon.
You’ll report to the US Social Media Manager and the UK Senior Manager as part of our Content division. This means you will plan, create, post and distribute across all social media, and that you’ll be working directly alongside our programming, production, news publishing and commercial content departments.
You will also work closely with our communications, creative, customer service, media and subscriptions departments to drive audience both on social and on our platform. This isn’t social for social’s sake – we have a unique purpose, which is to grow our sports and grow our audience by giving everyone exactly what they want.
You will work for our US operation based in New York City's Financial District, and in tandem with our equivalent UK office in London, which shares responsibility for boxing and football. You’ll work hard, but you won’t work 24/7 – you will always have support across the ocean and we operate a shift pattern which ensures you work healthy hours and always have downtime and vacation.
We have additional major hubs in Germany, Japan, Italy, Spain and Brazil, filled with great people who you will work with on specific projects. We are a truly global organization! This is primarily a content creation and social media management role, but it will involve inter-departmental stakeholder management, live event coverage, studio show support, content marketing – and a lot of hard work.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Plan, create and post content on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Snapchat
- Develop and produce unique video content, and edit programming content for a social media audience
- Work with our commercial content department to create and deliver content to our sponsors
- Cover live sporting events either in-person or remotely
- Work directly with athletes to create and distribute content to their fans
- Work on business needs with our publishing, creative, subscriptions, media and communications divisions
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 2 years+ working in social media, either for a broadcaster, publisher or agency
- Huge passion and understanding of sports, particularly boxing, but also NFL
- Fluent written English to a high editorial standard
- Strong video editing, production & management skills for social media
- Master of tools i.e. proven skillset in Adobe Premiere Pro, experience of using editing tools for images and videos i.e. Photoshop, After Effects
- Specialist skills on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Snap, TikTok
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience using content management, social media production, scheduling and analytics tools similar but not limited to WSC, Grabyo, Social Bakers, Drupal and Crowdtangle
- Experience working with talent i.e. athletes, influencers, studio hosts, journalists
- Written fluency in one or more of Spanish, Portuguese or French as a second language
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.