What's your new role about?
Do you have a keen eye for detail? Do you know your codecs from your wrappers? The difference between interlaced and progressive? With DAZN’s rapid expansion into new markets, we need somebody with a good technical understanding of content production to help manage our media deliveries, including interstitial media and adverts to ensure what we send to the DAZN customers is technically perfect.
Working closely with the TX Scheduling Team in our Leeds office, the Transmission Media Coordinator will oversee the delivery and technical QC processes of all server based content sent to Transmission for playout.
The role will be the key liaison between Transmission, Scheduling, Creative and Advertising teams to ensure what is delivered is correct and available within the agreed deadlines.
The right person for this position will have a good understanding of production and live broadcast workflows – and perhaps has worked in a production based or media manager role/environment before. An interest in Live sport is both useful and desirable, but not essential.
It is a challenging, dynamic environment but also rewarding, within a mix of traditional broadcast and new media workflows. The ability to work as a team in a busy, ‘live’ department and to adapt to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities is important.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Refine content delivery workflows as requirements evolve.
- Coordinate with schedulers regarding content lists and make numbers.
- Content delivery coordination between TX and Production centres.
- QC of incoming delivered media, coordinating re-delivery of failed QC content.
- Management of content deletion lists and media deletion processes.
- Editorial QC of content to ensure accuracy.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Knowledge of file-based media preparation.
- Knowledge of file formats and DPP guidelines.
- Operational and technical experience with broadcast content management systems.
- An understanding of IP protocols and familiar with the technologies and processed of moving around in IP.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Have experience working in a live sport broadcast environment.
- German, Japanese, Italian, French Spanish or Portuguese language skills.
- Knowledge of Media Genix What’sOn (WON).
- Department: Group Operations
- Reports To (title): Transmission Team Leader
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Leeds
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: None
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.