What's your new role about?
Looking to take your Broadcast career to the next level? Could you see yourself being surrounded by sports 24/7?Then come and join the biggest sports broadcaster in the world and help lead our TX team!
Here at DAZN, you will have the opportunity to join a Transmission Operational Leadership Team as a main point of contact for internal and external production entities. In this varied role, you will lead operations for transmission supporting the TX staff working a shift pattern 24/7, 365 days per year, covering live sports events, fault free, to the DAZN OTT and linear platforms to ensure an uninterrupted service is provided to our sports fans.
You will use your adaptive, collaborative hands-on approach as technology evolves and new processes and workflows are implemented. As you lead the seamless outgoing live broadcast streams to all end users, you’ll also have the chance to oversee technical monitoring and issue resolution and the timely processing of all bookings, media and schedules whilst communicating with company and third-party sites in the UK and globally.
It is a challenging, dynamic environment but also rewarding. If this sounds like a great next step in your Broadcast career, then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Lead whilst working to a shift pattern, the delivery of live transmission operations for DAZN
- Supervise and provide immediate support to the Transmission Controllers on shift
- Manage agreed working practices
- Keep operational procedures updated. Refine and evolve practice to maintain efficiency
- Complete on-air discrepancy reporting and adhere to set escalation processes
- Help improve processes with management and engineering teams to guarantee the best solutions are implemented
HERE ARE SOME SKILLS THAT WILL HELP YOU EXCEL IN YOUR ROLE
- Demonstrable ability to work well within a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of live Transmission processes, both broadcast chain and presentation
- Knowledge of IP playout and distribution solutions, technology and protocols
- Experience of working within a live broadcast environment
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience working in a busy, live, transmission environment preferably in live sports
- Experience of leading a team
- Knowledge of Playbox Airbox, GV Morpheus ICE, MediaGenix WON
- A solid understanding of live sport
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.